Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

We're also an entirely different team when he's playing his strengths as a baseline cutter and rebounder. He's an incredibly valuable asset.

But, clearly he's not playing well and has been on the bench pretty much the entire game because of it, which I fully agree with.

So he plays to his strengths maybe 20% of the time, on a good day, and we should play him?  I'd reduce his minutes to the first couple of the game.  If he's bad Troy I'd go ahead and send him to the locker room.  Kid just hasn't developed into a basketball player.

You are right. But should we still hold that against Davis?

Davis might have started the trend but I made it through those years. I have not made it through the Crean years. 

Continuing to play Troy shows me some possibilities.

1.  Crean is the worst coach in the Big Ten

2.  He is under absolutely no pressure to actually perform as a head coach

or the much more likely possibility

3.  BOTH

I wouldn't say he's the worst coach in the B1G, but he's a far cry from the best.

Our defense was absolutely horrible. Again, when our defense isn't good enough when we aren't hitting our shots. Exact reason I'll be shocked if we make it past the sweet sixteen

sweet sixteen? Not a chance. No coach. Limited ability to win on road or neutral court. Typical season here. We've seen it 6 of 7 years.

Crean has done just as much if not more damage than Davis.

Ha I will strongly disagree to that. From start of tenure for both until the end. You really think Crean did more damage than Davis? Riiiiiiigggggghhhhhttttt.....

Ha I will strongly disagree to that. From start of tenure for both until the end. You really think Crean did more damage than Davis? Riiiiiiigggggghhhhhttttt.....

Davis at least excited the fan base with going to the title game. Then he spiraled out of control. 

Davis might have started the trend but I made it through those years. I have not made it through the Crean years. 

I was on campus at the time and even though I wanted Davis gone I still tried watching every game.  Now, it doesn't bother me if I miss the game because it's been a while since I can say I really enjoyed watching Indiana play.

I wouldn't say he's the worst coach in the B1G, but he's a far cry from the best.

I'm really struggling to find one that is worse.  The Gophers have played us way tougher than their talent should have allowed.  Penn State beat us because of being outcoached.  Eddie Jordan maybe below him, but not so sure. 

I am posting here but basically do not watch any games really. I will always love IUBB, but its just becoming harder.

Then how do you know right when a game is over to post in this thread? Impressive

Really? Pathetic.

Pathetic that I want to suffer now to have a better performance later?  Its what UK did, they didn't settle for mediocrity they kept changing till they found their guy.  And since our AD won't make a change we need to force him to..