Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

So he plays to his strengths maybe 20% of the time, on a good day, and we should play him? I'd reduce his minutes to the first couple of the game. If he's bad Troy I'd go ahead and send him to the locker room. Kid just hasn't developed into a basketball player.

I agree with this. I also think this is what happened today haha. He started, played like crap, and was one of the first guys subbed out.

Troy put up 13 points and 7 rebounds against Iowa, so last time he played.

16 I think. I know it was not him that got them there it was the team that played together and made it there despite the lack of coaching.

Yeah that was an odd season on campus. He may have been the most hated man in that town.

I'm really struggling to find one that is worse. The Gophers have played us way tougher than their talent should have allowed. Penn State beat us because of being outcoached. Eddie Jordan maybe below him, but not so sure.

Pitino. Much worse than Crean.

I agree with this. I also think this is what happened today haha. He started, played like crap, and was one of the first guys subbed out.

He hardly played well, he hit fewer than half his shots, turned it over 3 times and his D has never been something to write home about. 

He hardly played well, he hit fewer than half his shots, turned it over 3 times and his D has never been something to write home about.

He nearly had a double double against the #4 team in the country. He's playing like crap, but come on! You gotta give credit where credit is due.

So he plays to his strengths maybe 20% of the time, on a good day, and we should play him? I'd reduce his minutes to the first couple of the game. If he's bad Troy I'd go ahead and send him to the locker room. Kid just hasn't developed into a basketball player.

regardless, I'd like to see OG replace Troy in the starting lineup.

Yeah that was an odd season on campus. He may have been the most hated man in that town.

That's a lie. Hate was shown because of the bob knight incident. Fans couldn't blame Davis, because we knew this was his first head coach gig. The administration f'ed up for hiring him but we (always exceptions) for the most part never faulted him.

Coach Crean on the other hand was supposed to do better because he came in "experienced" .

If we fire Crean I hope Troy leaves with him. I wouldn't not even in the least bit be sad when I Dont watch Troy dribble it off his knee for a turnover, or shoot an awful jumpshot

I hope Troy leaves regardless.  I'm not sure there's any such thing as a non-awful Troy jumpshot, even a lot of his "layups" or "running hooks" are nothing more than out of control garbage he throws up and gets lucky it goes in.

I hope Troy leaves regardless. I'm not sure there's any such thing as a non-awful Troy jumpshot, even a lot of his "layups" or "running hooks" are nothing more than out of control garbage he throws up and gets lucky it goes in.

That nice jump shot he hit late in the game against Iowa to solidify our lead in the final couple minutes? That was a beautiful shot.

The kid is playing TERRIBLY, but let's not pretend like he's never done anything right. When he's on, he's unstoppable. We haven't seen enough of that lately though. I think he was legitimately better last year.

Troy reminds me of Rodney Stuckey.  They used to say Future stuckey because he was so streaky.  Troy needs a change, but not pro.  He needs to graduate and transfer somewhere else with a better teacher for a coach.  Somebody who can teach him the actual game of basketball. 

Simple question:  Does Troy help or hurt the team more when he is on the court?

That's a lie. Hate was shown because of the bob knight incident. Fans couldn't blame Davis, because we knew this was his first head coach gig. The administration f'ed up for hiring him but we (always exceptions) for the most part never faulted him.

Coach Crean on the other hand was supposed to do better because he came in "experienced" .

A lie? I was on campus. That man was absolutely hated by people around town. He constantly played up the race card and just pissed people off.

That nice jump shot he hit late in the game against Iowa to solidify our lead in the final couple minutes? That was a beautiful shot.

The kid is playing TERRIBLY, but let's not pretend like he's never done anything right. When he's on, he's unstoppable. We haven't seen enough of that lately though. I think he was legitimately better last year.

Just because he made it doesn't mean he's the player you want taking that shot, and he's not the player you want taking that shot because saying shooting isn't his strength is an understatement.

Whoever was hated more, does it really matter. Isn't the problem that our last 3 coaches are either completely despised or on the way there? Should we maybe get rid of one before it reaches that point.

No that's not our problem I think. I think we had unrealistic expectations coming off of essentially a death penalty. Hopefully we can get back to where we belong.

Ha I will strongly disagree to that. From start of tenure for both until the end. You really think Crean did more damage than Davis? Riiiiiiigggggghhhhhttttt.....

I will say the fans are more against Crean than the level davis got. I know people were against davis but I know far more people have quit watching and given up on Crean and the team. If we were not having a good big ten season the level of hatred would be off the charts imo