Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierdogg

2017 NIT Selection Show - ESPNU 8:30pm

14 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Has anyone else gotten to the stage of grief where any iubb news just sends you into laughter?

Like Rizzo during the playoff run, I'm in a glass case of emotion.

Every move Glass makes is more embarrassing than the one before it. Spring Break now? Does he think we're that stupid? Lol

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Something to keep in mind: there's a possibility our women's team will be playing in the WNIT. I wonder if they would turn down a first round home game as well. 

I'm just imagining Buss & Co. playing their game with hard hats on.

My God! Despite of horrendous season, I have continued to wear IU swag to work and constantly supported the "team" not the coach, but this crap of not playing the opening game at the Hall is about as embarrassing as it gets. The level of incompetence seems to be creeping it's way to the top! If Glass is truly afraid or worried about playing a NIT game at AH, then it should give him a clear answer as to what needs to happen, and if doesn't have the bawls to do it, then he should start packing his bags as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, hoosierdogg said:

Has a higher seed, particularly a top 4 seed, ever declined to host a 1st round game in this tournament? 

There's been cases where there have been actual renovations or scheduling conflicts where the higher seed had to play on the road. The two I remember are when Illinois played at Stony Brook because of Cirque du Soleil and when pUKe got beat at Robert Morris in 2013 because Rupp was being used for the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament.

I don't have the knowledge of a school declining just because they didn't wanna.

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

There's been cases where there have been actual renovations or scheduling conflicts where the higher seed had to play on the road. The two I remember are when Illinois played at Stony Brook because of Cirque du Soleil and when pUKe got beat at Robert Morris in 2013 because Rupp was being used for the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament.

I don't have the knowledge of a school declining just because they didn't wanna.

Thanks, that memory of UK getting beat by Robert Morris brought a smile to my face.  :92: