Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

7 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

You don't want to be the man that follows a legend, you want to be the man that follows the man that followed a legend.

In Indiana's case it's the man that followed the man that followed the interim that followed the man that followed the man that followed a legend.  And now I'm depressed.

I follow you......I think.

4 hours ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Donovan would load up kids in a hurry. Gotta remember Florida was a legit team when high school seniors were growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He has all the street cred necessary to recruit top-notch talent.  With expected player losses plus possible transfers out, his first year might be a downer but look out for his second year.   No long term rebuilding period if he's our next coach.

Those who say he would leave for UK: 

Was there not a vacancy or two at UK during Donovan's tenure at FL? If he didn't take it then, why would he make an almost lateral move (IU->UK) 

note: I have no clue about BD's success pre 2010, nor do I have the interest to look it up bc I'm reading interesting comments. 

1 minute ago, Yogi'sBicep said:

Those who say he would leave for UK: 

Was there not a vacancy or two at UK during Donovan's tenure at FL? If he didn't take it then, why would he make an almost lateral move (IU->UK) 

note: I have no clue about BD's success pre 2010, nor do I have the interest to look it up bc I'm reading interesting comments. 

You don't know his success pre 2010?  

And the difference is he would be coming back to college taking the best job available versus moving from one sec school to another

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You don't know his success pre 2010?  

And the difference is he would be coming back to college taking the best job available versus moving from one sec school to another

Not to a tee. Obviously, he was successful. Albeit, I was in middle school/elementary school- didn't really care. I'm going to look it up now. 

37 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Billy Donovan coaching lessons 101. Today's lesson is for our very own TB. Even though many say he will not be back, can you see how 1 year under Billy D could definitely help him. "Drop your foot Thomas!"

De'ron would be a beast next year under Billy D. Our guys would be so confused when he tells them they're going to spend practice working on post moves.  

You see this?  Do you get the feeling he wants to coach younger guys instead of babysit professional egos in the NBA?  I want this so bad.

Someone posted the income/success comparison of the top coaches.  Do you think IU will pay a public employee this much?  I hope they will.

You see this?  Do you get the feeling he wants to coach younger guys instead of babysit professional egos in the NBA?  I want this so bad.

Someone posted the income/success comparison of the top coaches.  Do you think IU will pay a public employee this much?  I hope they will.

You have to hope that they will see the value in bringing him here. It's well worth the money. I just hope Glass does what's right. My worst fear is that he will either one not fire CTC or two hire a head scratcher.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app