Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

People don't seem to get that this how kids think these days. 

I mean it's possible he stays but if he stays. 

But statistcally odds are good somebody transfers or leaves early. We just watched JBJ leave early  Troy the year before him  

Archie has seen the team he knows what their goals are.  

I imagine we are going for Garland and Romeo.  Knowing their will be room for them not hoping.  If not our other 11 guys will get more PT to build a stronger foundation for a run in 2019

7 hours ago, Old Friend said:

This would disappoint me.  A lot.  Not sure if this comes as a guess or whether you know something; but if this is the case, I'm leery of the methodology.

I would be highly shocked if this kids mentality is "can't wait to come off the bench for four years". They interviewed his Dad on ITH and one of his quotes was that what excited them about IU was that Archie felt Jake could make a big impact right away. 

While there's some rawness here of course, a 6'10", long athletic kid is not coming here to ride the bench. I'm sure with his size and athleticism he's hoping to improve into an NBA caliber player. 

Not saying that will come to fruition, but I doubt he'll be happy coming off the bench for four years. 

1 hour ago, goonaha said:

Well Bruiser has been lead recruiter on Phinisee, Anderson, and Forrester. Seems like value added to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He was also a 4-time conference coach of the year as a head coach in the same conference that produced Final Four participants George Mason and VCU. He also won the conference in 2012. The 17-44 record his last two years is also skewed because they played a challenging non-conference schedule for a mid-major and his best player, Damion Lee, left as a grad transfer and led Louisville in scoring his senior year. The guy may not be Bob Knight or Red Auerbach, but to say he "never did a thing" as a head coach is not fair at all.

As Goonaha said, he was also an integral part in the recruitment process of Phinisee and Anderson. As an assistant, I think he's earned his pay thus far.

As far as Forrester goes, I will defer to Archie at this point because he seems to really like him. It's always nice to have tall, bouncy guys that run the floor well. I like hearing about his defensive qualities as well. We needed another guy that can be a post player and he fills that void. He also has legitimate offers from several other NCAA tournament caliber schools, so he's not a reach. We'll see how Archie brings him along.

What if Al Durham is already a head of Green?

Guys - if you have been paying close attention to both this board and to what the staff has been saying, you would have a pretty good idea that Devonte Green has been conspicuously absent from any positive side talk during this off-season.

Guys - if you have been paying close attention to both this board and to what the staff has been saying, you would have a pretty good idea that Devonte Green has been conspicuously absent from any positive side talk during this off-season.

So you think he isn't fitting in well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I would be highly shocked if this kids mentality is "can't wait to come off the bench for four years". They interviewed his Dad on ITH and one of his quotes was that what excited them about IU was that Archie felt Jake could make a big impact right away. 

While there's some rawness here of course, a 6'10", long athletic kid is not coming here to ride the bench. I'm sure with his size and athleticism he's hoping to improve into an NBA caliber player. 

Not saying that will come to fruition, but I doubt he'll be happy coming off the bench for four years. 

Sorry....  I was referring to whether or not this recruitment somehow means Morgan is leaving.

2 hours ago, goonaha said:

Well Bruiser has been lead recruiter on Phinisee, Anderson, and Forrester. Seems like value added to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The lead recruiter on Phinisee was Archie Miller.   Like I said, the kid might be terrific and a perfect fit.  Flint may end up having value; but the reason he was hired was because of his east coast ties.   The entire university has gone that direction, as has the Big Ten.  I'll never understand it, nor like it; but that's my opinion.   

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I was not impressed with the Bruiser Flint hire, so I'm skeptical and I still have no idea why we feel the need to go to Philadelphia to find the #37 ranked PF in the country.   BUT....He runs the floor well, he's bouncy, he shows lots of potential fundamentally and seems to understand spacing and help side defense based on the 4 videos I just watched (he opened the right way in a screen/roll, for example..many kids don't).   If he stays 3-4 years, I can see him making an impact.  Bruiser Flint and his connections scare me because I just don't think he's that great.  Guy won 53% of his games and never did a thing as a head coach.   In his last 2 seasons, his Drexel teams went 17-44 ; and he never made the NCAA tournament in a horrible Colonial Athletic Conference.  Welcome to the kid....hope he's terrific.

I was never impressed with the hire either. But perhaps his connections may pay off one day. East coast has some talented kids no doubt. 

11 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Cant say I'm super exctied about a 3 star ranked 168 at this point. Thought we'd hold out for higher ranked guys. Tim will tell I guess.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Tell this to Oladipo , D-Wade, OG, etc.. 

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Trying to understand the correlation.  I was referring to whether or not this recruitment somehow means Morgan is leaving.

User error, I read the exchange with you and Brass Cannon completely wrong. I thought you were commenting on the part of his post about Forrester being happy to come off the bench for four years. 

On Morgan, I agree, it would be bad to lose him for his senior year. Unless he completely breaks out this year in a big way, I don't see him leaving. 

41 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

The lead recruiter on Phinisee was Archie Miller.   Like I said, the kid might be terrific and a perfect fit.  Flint may end up having value; but the reason he was hired was because of his east coast ties.   The entire university has gone that direction, as has the Big Ten.  I'll never understand it, nor like it; but that's my opinion.   

I very seriously doubt that Archie was handling the bulk of the Phinisee recruitment. Maybe because he's a PG. But Flint was the assistant attached to him. 

Hes already brought us 2 Indiana kids can't really complain that his only value is his east coast ties.