Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

That is the impression I'm under also. As I have said the staff really likes him. Also as upshoosier said they think he could be a all conference player by his senior year. 

Uspshoosier, ups is the competition

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wish there was full game tape out there to watch on Forrester. His highlights just don't do anything for me and the staff must see something. 

Looks like he's going to be ours so it'd be nice to have a better read on his game. One thing that does give me some solace is he has offers from the likes of Xavier, Miami, Seton Hall, Va Tech, etc. Not the best programs, but not all mid majors.

28 minutes ago, VO5 said:
I wish there was full game tape out there to watch on Forrester. His highlights just don't do anything for me and the staff must see something. 
Looks like he's going to be ours so it'd be nice to have a better read on his game. One thing that does give me some solace is he has offers from the likes of Xavier, Miami, Seton Hall, Va Tech, etc. Not the best programs, but not all mid majors.

Type in Westtown full game on YouTube and some of his games will be on there. His team was loaded ( Mo Bamba, cam reddish, and Brandon Randolph) maybe a case like Olidipo where his team was loaded and didn't get a chance to shine as much. His senior year should be interesting to follow to see if that was the case although Reddish will still be there

I don't find this kid  in clips any more exciting then most on here. But what I do find intriguing is that, outside of RL, the only kid in the '18 class that both the old and new staff's seem to be equally high on is Forrester. Are they both wrong on him? Fascinates me. There is no kid i would like to see live more. Gotta be something there.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

I don't find this kid  in clips any more exciting then most on here. But what I do find intriguing is that, outside of RL, the only kid in the '18 class that both the old and new staff's seem to be equally high on is Forrester. Are they both wrong on him? Fascinates me. There is no kid i would like to see live more. Gotta be something there.

Just for clarification when you say equally high on, are you referring to something more than simply having extended an offer because there are several more targets that had offers from FCTC and then received a new and improved offer from Archie?

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Just for clarification when you say equally high on, are you referring to something more than simply having extended an offer because there are several more targets that had offers from FCTC and then received a new and improved offer from Archie?

Yeah, didn't make my thinking very clear there. When I look at the kids that the current staff seems to have prioritized, rather than just offered, vs a lot of the kids that the former staff appeared to be prioritizing early on, and excluding RL and DG, whom everyone is after, there doesn't seem to be have been a ton of overlap. Maybe Phinisee, though it always felt like the previous staff was holding the kid at arm's length. And yet, both staffs appear to be, independently, hot on some relatively unheralded, non-local kid. That just leads me to believe that there is more to this kid than 2:00 clips make apparent. Hence, my desire to see this kid up close. 

I also think that if Chris is right and he has an unconditional offer, the kid will commit on his official.

Truthfully after watching a couple of Forrester's mix tapes I'm not real sure why so many people are down on him. If you watch the highlights on offense he runs the lane pretty well, he has a decent jumper although it is a slow release, and he seems to crash the glass every time a shot goes up. On defense he keeps his hands up to block shots and doesn't slap down which helps avoid foul trouble. I could also see him becoming better as he adds weight because he could still fill out his frame. So with that I understand that he isn't an elite talent but I could also se him being similar to Juwan Morgan in a year or two. Just my two cents on the matter of Jake Forrester's recruitment.

3 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I don't think he is a bad player it's just a matter of there being better talent available. If we knew we couldn't land Romeo, Garland, Days, Brown, DeVoe, TJD, Brooks, Wiseman, or Hurt then by all means bring Forrester in.

In general, I follow what you're getting at but keep in mind TJD, Brooks, Wiseman and Hurt are all '19 targets and we've got a long way to go in their recruitment.   

As for Brown, have we ever actually extended an offer to him?  I don't have it my notes that we have and 247/Scout/ESPN don't reflect any IU offer.

I like the kid, just don't see how we have enough openings next year. No stud recruit wants to be an over sign ( Gary Harris) cough, cough! Seems like we have a real chance at several 19s.

The star recruit or any of the incoming freshman wouldn't have to worry about being the oversign. Once they sign their letter of intent they are guaranteed a roster spot for the first year. It would be the upperclassman that would be worried. If Harris truly wanted to be a Hoosier he would of

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The star recruit or any of the incoming freshman wouldn't have to worry about being the oversign. Once they sign their letter of intent they are guaranteed a roster spot for the first year. It would be the upperclassman that would be worried. If Harris truly wanted to be a Hoosier he would of

This. Harris wouldn't play for Crean, loved him, but not the coach for him.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In general, I follow what you're getting at but keep in mind TJD, Brooks, Wiseman and Hurt are all '19 targets and we've got a long way to go in their recruitment.   

As for Brown, have we ever actually extended an offer to him?  I don't have it my notes that we have and 247/Scout/ESPN don't reflect any IU offer.

Thank you for being another voice of reason. I know IU had some interest in Brown but I'm pretty sure Archie hasn't made an offer. Some people are looking at 2019 like it's guaranteed we land 2 or 3 5* recruits but nothing is guaranteed in recruiting especially when dealing with teenagers.

4 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Isn't Forrester visiting tomorrow? I'm going to be very anxious to see if he pulls the trigger on the spot! I can totally see that happening if he has a great visit. 

Yep he is on campus this weekend.