Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FKfootball

I'm worried about in-state recruiting.

We are at such a disadvantage with baseball because of being a northern school. Who wants to play baseball when its snowing?

Bingo. That's why schools like Coastal Carolina out perform B1G schools and their southern recruits play baseball all year long. The full scholarships that don't exist in baseball but may soon in the power conferences may sway this in their favor though. Time will tell.

I'm kinda ok with our recruiting. More and more it seems we need to stay out of Indy. Indiana itself(especially Southern Indiana) just seems to have a drug problem. Southern Indiana it is meth. Indy it is everything you get your hands on. They just don't get far enough away. I feel that's why transfers go to Iowa State. What trouble can you get into in Iowa? Lol.

somehow is the big question. We should be able to get who we want in state minus a few that are enamored by UK, Duke, etc.. 2017 class will be very telling on where we stand on BB in state recruiting.

I'm actually nervous about this class. Its the type of class that hangs banners. I just dont want theme to hang another one for Duke or UK.

I'm kinda ok with our recruiting. More and more it seems we need to stay out of Indy. Indiana itself(especially Southern Indiana) just seems to have a drug problem. Southern Indiana it is meth. Indy it is everything you get your hands on. They just don't get far enough away. I feel that's why transfers go to Iowa State. What trouble can you get into in Iowa? Lol.

Except that Iowa also has a huge meth problem, all states, towns, etc  have some sort of drug issue if you really want to look at it that way. I doubt players really care about the regional drug of choice or are really affected by it

Except that Iowa also has a huge meth problem, all states, towns, etc have some sort of drug issue if you really want to look at it that way. I doubt players really care about the regional drug of choice or are really affected by it

Indiana just had a player kicked off the football team for dealing coke, herion and meth. He's from Indy. Indy isn't candy land... depending on what your candy is. But no one has a meth problem line Indiana. It's sad to see. But if one player was doing this... there's gotta be two.

Indiana just had a player kicked off the football team for dealing coke, herion and meth. He's from Indy. Indy isn't candy land... depending on what your candy is. But no one has a meth problem line Indiana. It's sad to see. But if one player was doing this... there's gotta be two.

Maybe you only know about the meth problem in indiana because you are here, but believe me its just as much a problem all across the midwest. Illinois, Ohio, and Iowa are among the states being taken over by this problem. A simple google search goes a long way on this topic. But this has nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread so I won't say anything more

*Clears throat and crosses arms*
-Illinois

Not even Illinois. Indiana is well known as the meth capital. Sad but true. But that rural America. Greatly lead by Southern Indiana. I live in a small town and all you see in the paper are meth busts lol.

Maybe you only know about the meth problem in indiana because you are here, but believe me its just as much a problem all across the midwest. Illinois, Ohio, and Iowa are among the states being taken over by this problem. A simple google search goes a long way on this topic. But this has nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread so I won't say anything more

Well it ties into the thread and a problem with recruiting in Indiana. You don't always know what a player is doing off the field. Antonio Allen though was a bit of an extreme case I'd say.

Are you saying we shouldn't recruit Indy because of one player?  Or that we should stop recruiting Southern Indiana because it's known for its meth problem?

Are you saying we shouldn't recruit Indy because of one player? Or that we should stop recruiting Southern Indiana because it's known for its meth problem?

We don't recruit Southern much anyways. Indy is just like Chicago though. I was told we shouldn't recruit Chicago because it is sketchy. Well so is Indy.