Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

48 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

My favorite was the 34 point run we made at Michigan. I had access to that game at one point, but the video was taken down. 

We were down 17-6 in that game and led 45-25 at halftime. Had a 28-0 run. GD, I miss that team. 

If Archie were smart, he’d look in the mirror and realize what the biggest problem of the team is. There needs to be a change clearly in philosophy. The offense needs to be completely scraped. I’m more of a 4-out kind of guy on offense. And I’d start Phin, Franklin, Hunter, Smith and TJD if I were Archie. The offense now purposefully doesn’t give anyone any driving lanes to the basket to score or kick out. Which is a problem. Pick n roll game would open up along with driving lanes with an offensive system change. When TJD sets a screen now, he’s basically rolling into another defender and Phinisee is driving into one. Best thing would be to have TJD set the screen and roll and Phinisee attack. And guess what? No one else would be in the way like there currently is. Which gives the possibility for a lockout to Hunter in the corner. Also helps Smith be able to backcut from the corner of his defender pats too much attention to the PnR and doesn’t commit to defending it. It also easily transitions into a 4-out motion offense for dribble drives and dishes as TJD has open space inside the 3 point line to set PnR’s, screens for backcuts, screen for curls(which can lead to basically an off ball PnR) and pretty much anything else you can do in basketball.

As of now though we are limited to just running into each other because Archie has somehow built probably the dumbest offense I’ve ever seen and nothing will get better until it changes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

https://omny.fm/shows/the-dan-dakich-show/best-of-the-dan-dakich-show-monday-2-03

I don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere or not. Just got done with a long stretch of work so I’ve missed a lot here recently, including the last two games (praise Jesus ). But if you scroll to about the 8:15 mark Dakich discusses some less than stellar on-court interactions between Smith and Green. Yes, I know it’s Dakich. But he also understands the inner workings and dynamics of a ball team, so I don’t doubt he noticed this kind of thing.

9 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-dan-dakich-show/best-of-the-dan-dakich-show-monday-2-03

I don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere or not. Just got done with a long stretch of work so I’ve missed a lot here recently, including the last two games (praise Jesus emoji23.png). But if you scroll to about the 8:15 mark Dakich discusses some less than stellar on-court interactions between Smith and Green. Yes, I know it’s Dakich. But he also understands the inner workings and dynamics of a ball team, so I don’t doubt he noticed this kind of thing.

Good lord.

Not sure what Smith did in this anecdote to deserve Dakich's ire, but Green?

So, so SO disappointing.

Good lord.
Not sure what Smith did in this anecdote to deserve Dakich's ire, but Green?
So, so SO disappointing.

Yeah, I’m not sure about the Smith ire either. Maybe it’s just drawn from the collective frustration with the team and Smith’s own frustrating inconsistencies. But Green I get 100%. I’m fully convinced he is a major roadblock to team chemistry and I think Archie has tried to neutralize that by not completely yanking him from the rotation like he could if there were other reliable guard play. You pull a kid like that and his attitude just becomes cancerous. Fortunately (for him) he’s got enough thin guard play around him to keep him valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This. The core of this team will be back next year barring the unforeseen. And there is a strong possibility they will be back for the next two years. Add in Thompson and you have a really good six man rotation that will have played multiple years together. 
This year was always a bridge year and all predictions were that this team would be a bubble team. Well guess what? that is where they are because that is in accordance with the talent on the roster. Next year and the year after are where Indiana really makes its jump. If that doesn't happen, then yes something serious went wrong and Archie will have questions to answer. 
Call me a slow learner. Call me stupid, I don't care. I don't have the mob mentality. 

You actually do have mob mentality... more people want to sit on their hands and wait and tell everyone who doesn’t think Archie is a good coach that they aren’t real fans and to go root for Purdue. While those of us ready for a change just say we aren’t playing good basketball and haven’t under Archie. So one minority may want change but the blind followers just try to beat the optimism into them. Fact is, if Archie doesn’t change his offense, he’s going to be fired.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You actually do have mob mentality... more people want to sit on their hands and wait and tell everyone who doesn’t think Archie is a good coach that they aren’t real fans and to go root for Purdue. While those of us ready for a change just say we aren’t playing good basketball and haven’t under Archie. So one minority may want change but the blind followers just try to beat the optimism into them. Fact is, if Archie doesn’t change his offense, he’s going to be fired.

You spend your entire being on this board so I know you have read it. Where in the world is the optimism being beat into people? There is a whole thread where posters go to do nothing but be negative..... 

Also, not sure you know what mob mentality means. 

You spend your entire being on this board so I know you have read it. Where in the world is the optimism being beat into people? There is a whole thread where posters go to do nothing but be negative..... 
Also, not sure you know what mob mentality means. 

You should go to Facebook and Twitter. Very few say there needs to be a change and that Archie isn’t good enough. Most are sunshine pumpers and will try to beat it into you.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You should go to Facebook and Twitter. Very few say there needs to be a change and that Archie isn’t good enough. Most are sunshine pumpers and will try to beat it into you.

We must have different Facebook's and Twitters if that is what you find on there. 

2 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Yeah, I’m not sure about the Smith ire either. Maybe it’s just drawn from the collective frustration with the team and Smith’s own frustrating inconsistencies. But Green I get 100%. I’m fully convinced he is a major roadblock to team chemistry and I think Archie has tried to neutralize that by not completely yanking him from the rotation like he could if there were other reliable guard play. You pull a kid like that and his attitude just becomes cancerous. Fortunately (for him) he’s got enough thin guard play around him to keep him valuable.

If he was that much of a cancer I'd question why he's still on the team at all.  Pull the scholarship and use it on a grad transfer or someone else.

If he was that much of a cancer I'd question why he's still on the team at all.  Pull the scholarship and use it on a grad transfer or someone else.

Archie is in full “save my job” mode. A reason the end of the bench never sees the floor even with 30 seconds left while we are down 20.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Fact is...it won't be this year.