Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Miller was on my list just a little farther down. He has a ton of potential. It's probably not going to be right away. Walking into a star recruits house as an up and coming coach is different than a coach K or Self etc. Romeo isn't your average 3 or 4 star and we are behind with him. I'm not saying Archie won't pull in good talent, I'm just saying sip the kool-aid a little bit !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

His family wants him to stay close. Duke would be an exception for him. 

There are issues that can be exploited against u of l also with sanctions maybe incoming. 

We aren't out but it will be a Hail Mary. 

Not to beat a dead horse here...but is there a consensus to the question of "did IU turn down Steve or did Steve turn down IU?"

I received some info yesterday that led me to believe Alford turned us down .... but I haven't read through all the pages on this thread since the Archie hire to see if that was discussed ...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Who cares?

I think that FCTC is a helluva good tv analyst.

Yeah---he can join Dakich as a commentator and Dakich can demonstrate how to defend a pick and roll while Crean demonstrates the importance of deflections! Gotta have some humor, right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I like the hire but some of you act like we just got Donovan or Stevens and Archie is going to be able to land a kid that is a huge Duke lean with Louisville all over him.

We were never getting those guys. Everyone was hoping for them and that's why this is a "letdown". I wanted Donovan too, but just sat back and decided to let it play out. I was way less disappointed doing that. 

Read some of the circumstances of Archie's teams the past few years. Kicks 2 players off and has 6 rotation players the same year he goes to the elite 8. His starting center DIED this year and he still wins the conference. Another player tore his Achilles/ACL this year. He wins despite major roster fluctuations.

UK and U of L arent very far for him so the close to home thing kinda takes away that advantage for us. I think he will listen but his mind is probably set on other places. If Archie got him then wow. That would be the equal to Crean getting Zeller and probably better. Top 4 pick is hard to be better then but Romeo had talent for days. If he gets stronger he has a shot to go #1.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I really think we have a decent chance at Romeo. I don't think it's such a long shot like a lot of people are making it. His family wants him close to home and he is interested in IU just not Crean, like many people have stated. Gotta stop being so negative and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Miller was on my list just a little farther down. He has a ton of potential. It's probably not going to be right away. Walking into a star recruits house as an up and coming coach is different than a coach K or Self etc. Romeo isn't your average 3 or 4 star and we are behind with him. I'm not saying Archie won't pull in good talent, I'm just saying sip the kool-aid a little bit !

Why sip the kool-aid when we can chug it! It's Archie time and he has a great pitch to make for Romeo to be the face of the resurgence of IU Bball. Come play for the cool, young coach instead of the 70 year old Coach K. Go to Duke and be one of many or come to IU and be a legend.....can't hurt to at least make the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I really think we have a decent chance at Romeo. I don't think it's such a long shot like a lot of people are making it. His family wants him close to home and he is interested in IU just not Crean, like many people have stated. Gotta stop being so negative and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Also, the jury is still out on Pitino and Hookerville U so who knows.  Clearly, we're late to the Romeo dance party, but I've no doubt CAM will make a very serious attempt to entice him to IU.