Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Definitely hurts the cause a little. Team reportedly upbeat, Crean still recruiting, etc.

Every little bit goes into it. Glass won't want to make a move unless he has to make a move.

I continue to think Crean gets another year. It's logical when looking at the numbers and Glass's expectations.

That's why we needed a monumental collapse. (And we've had it mostly)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

exactly exactly 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Definitely hurts the cause a little. Team reportedly upbeat, Crean still recruiting, etc.

Every little bit goes into it. Glass won't want to make a move unless he has to make a move.

I continue to think Crean gets another year. It's logical when looking at the numbers and Glass's expectations.

That's why we needed a monumental collapse. (And we've had it mostly)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I just really don't understand hoping for wins while also hoping for Crean to get fired. Like we have to lose, and lose a lot, for him to be gone. Otherwise Crean stays and we're stuck in mediocrity forever and that's the worst place to be imo. 

It helps him today but does it help him tomorrow? No we are still in a tie for 2nd to last in the B1G which Purdue will beat us so it may be us alone in that spot. I know it sucks but I actually wanted to win and having to do it by NW collapsing is best case scenario. Just chill peeps.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I just really don't understand hoping for wins while also hoping for Crean to get fired. Like,we have to lose, and lose a lot for him to be gone. Otherwise Crean stays and we're stuck in mediocrity with forever and that's the worst place to be imo. 

Yep. We're pretty much the Pacers of the B1G

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I just really don't understand hoping for wins while also hoping for Crean to get fired. Like,we have to lose, and lose a lot for him to be gone. Otherwise Crean stays and we're stuck in mediocrity with forever and that's the worst place to be imo. 

I literally had this same conversation with my dad. You can't hope for wins and want Crean fired. The coach isn't gonna get fired if he keeps winning lol

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I literally had this same conversation with my dad. You can't hope for wins and want Crean fired. The coach isn't gonna get fired if he keeps winning lol

Yeah like it sucks rooting for L's but I can't hope we win while also hoping for Crean to get fired because they're not both going to happen. And he's shown he won't win nearly enough to be worth keeping around. Idk, I understand other people have different feelings about this but rooting for wins doesn't make sense logically to me at this point. 

Letting this out there not for people to panic, but my uncle was at the game tonight as he usually is and said there is new life for Crean even before tip. All the boosters talk and most dont know much so could mean nothing but he said if Crean finds a way to the tourney that Crean IS staying. Didnt say if he was getting fired if we didnt, but his text said it'll be a miracle but if Crean makes the tourney he is our coach next year. Obviously he has a lot of work to do if NW is being talked about dropping on the bubble which is stupid but the bubble is very bad. If we split and win 2 games in BTT idk it could happen.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Are glass and Crean tied at the hip? Even sneaking into NCAA as a bubble team, with the weakest bubble teams in years, cannot be the reason glass keeps Crean one would hope.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think anyone truly knows what it would take to fire Crean or retain him at this time. There would take a lot to make the tournament at this point. Either running BTT or winning last two on the road and winning two in BTT. If that is truly the make or break I feel safe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app