Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think the Matt Ryan experiment is a disaster.  It's time to see what he can bring because we need to know if he's a viable quarterback for the future or if he isn't 

He isn’t. Goal should be suck for Young or Stroud like it should have been from day 1

5 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

He isn’t. Goal should be suck for Young or Stroud like it should have been from day 1

How do you know this?  And how do you know Young or Stroud is worth tanking for?

I'm just saying let's find out.  Playing Ryan is a disaster

8 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Denver out sucked us. Nothing has been fixed. The only thing this does is m,ake it harder for us to get a top QB in next year's draft. 

True. And the fact that this team’s range of outcomes is 3-2 to 0-5 and they’re 2-2-1 is about as Colts as it gets.

Do the Colts have the worst leadership in the league? Probably. Reich’s offense looks absolutely atrocious and he is nothing but positive about them after the game. Irsay talks the week before the Tennessee game then goes ghost when they beat us. Both just celebrating like they looked great 

Reich needs fired. Ballard needs fired. Irsay needs to give the team ti his daughters. This team needs a massive overhaul everywhere

14 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

The more I think about this, the more confused I am.  If you want us to tank and you think Ehlinger is terrible, wouldn't you be supportive of playing him over Ryan?  What am I missing

4 hours ago, Josh said:

The more I think about this, the more confused I am.  If you want us to tank and you think Ehlinger is terrible, wouldn't you be supportive of playing him over Ryan?  What am I missing

Sure throw him out there. It will shut up the fans who think performing against 3rd stringers and practice squad guys running vanilla defense is equivalent to playing Sundays against complicated schemes and All Pro level talent. Its also worth noting that Sam was successful when plays broke down. You can't do that on Sundays. 

34 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Sure throw him out there. It will shut up the fans who think performing against 3rd stringers and practice squad guys running vanilla defense is equivalent to playing Sundays against complicated schemes and All Pro level talent. Its also worth noting that Sam was successful when plays broke down. You can't do that on Sundays. 

Could he have done it on a Thursday? Not saying I want Ellinger, but the OL hadn’t been great and plays are breaking down left and right out there - having someone who’s mobile might not be the worst idea.

Colts OL performing a lot like IUs OL just paid a lot more handsomely

47 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Could he have done it on a Thursday? Not saying I want Ellinger, but the OL hadn’t been great and plays are breaking down left and right out there - having someone who’s mobile might not be the worst idea.

Colts OL performing a lot like IUs OL just paid a lot more handsomely

Again sure, its just gonna prove that he isn't the QB of the future for this organization. He just does not have the talent. And the guys who are able to live in this league when plays break down have extraordinary arm talent (Mahomes and Allen being the two prime examples). Sam does not. And even then they stay on schedule way more often than not. Ballard has screwed up to such an insane degree the QB situation here 

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Again sure, its just gonna prove that he isn't the QB of the future for this organization. He just does not have the talent. And the guys who are able to live in this league when plays break down have extraordinary arm talent (Mahomes and Allen being the two prime examples). Sam does not. And even then they stay on schedule way more often than not. Ballard has screwed up to such an insane degree the QB situation here 

I've never understood why Ballard gets the love he does. Looks at his draft record and he doesn't even attempt to use quality picks on the OL. Combined that with his continued reluctance to supplement the roster through FA - it's no wonder Ryan is getting killed. He's Grigson without the FA aggression and a Trent Richardson trade.

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Frankly any opinion of Ehlinger (good or bad) is uneducated.  I've seen the love and I've seen the hate.  Both opinions are uninformed nonsense.

That's why I want to see him on Sundays.  Ryan is a disaster, let's see if Ehlinger has a future or not.

45 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I've never understood why Ballard gets the love he does. Looks at his draft record and he doesn't even attempt to use quality picks on the OL. Combined that with his continued reluctance to supplement the roster through FA - it's no wonder Ryan is getting killed. He's Grigson without the FA aggression and a Trent Richardson trade.

I think he has a great eye for talent. He has hit on so many draft picks. Grigson hit on like 2 (Luck and TY). I just really question his philosophy. He doesn't emphasize QB, WR, LT, or CB. In the modern NFL those are arguably the 4 most important positions. I don't get it

15 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

Ballard is 50× the GM Grigson. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ballard is 50× the GM Grigson. 

You can't be a great GM and have a "great eye" for talent and completely abandon the 4 most important positions in today's NFL. Very conflicting statements, no?

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

You can't be a great GM and have a "great eye" for talent and completely abandon the 4 most important positions in today's NFL. Very conflicting statements, no?

Eye for talent and philosophy of huilding a roster are very different concepts. So no, Grigson sucked at everything and got lucky that Luck existed at the right time. At least Ballard drafts well. 

Just now, KingPG21 said:

Eye for talent and philosophy of huilding a roster are very different concepts. So no, Grigson sucked at everything and got lucky that Luck existed at the right time. At least Ballard drafts well. 

Team building philosophy is one of the most important tasks for a GM to get right. Ballard hasn't done that to your own admission. So again, I don't understand your infatuation for him. The owner believes this is a Super Bowl caliber team, if Ryan can't get this team to the playoffs, would you really want Ballard to continue making personnel decisions for what would be the 6th QB in as many years?

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Team building philosophy is one of the most important tasks for a GM to get right. Ballard hasn't done that to your own admission. So again, I don't understand your infatuation for him. The owner believes this is a Super Bowl caliber team, if Ryan can't get this team to the playoffs, would you really want Ballard to continue making personnel decisions for what would be the 6th QB in as many years?

I literally said he needs to be fired bud