Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

3 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Miami (of Ohio) is too formal...in the mode of Williamsburg VA.   Wittenburg in Springfield OH is pretty.  My wife says OSU is nice...I can't find anything nice about that place.  Duke is alright.  Rutgers sux. Princeton is a must visit...old buildings and lots of trees.  Penn State is really pretty except for the mule skeleton on display in the union.  Wisconsin has the best site I know for a Union Building...a multi-layered terrace overlooking Lake Mendota...you can sail boats from there...and I did.  And grab a draft beer and take it to a table outside.  And ice skate...and I did.  And here is a picture of Bascom Hill towards State Street...Thanks to Leon Varijan (Student Body President UW '79) ..he was my wife's TA in a class at IU.  I also like San Diego State since one can walk from classrooms directly outside all year long. U of FL in Gainsville is nice.  The UT in Austin is great. The U of Arizona in Tuscon is really nice.   IU - Bloomington is tops.UW-Madison - The Daily Cardinal

Agreed on all of this except...I really liked Miami of Ohio's campus.  I haven't been there in 30 years, but I have fond memories of the land and the buildings

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

That is interesting about Ole Miss, since I've heard/read that 'The Grove' is supposed to be super cool and the best tail-gating venue/experience in NCAA football. Not arguing with you, just hard to square Mississippi is comparable to Memphis! I equate the city of Memphis with Mogadishu, Somalia. 

I found Ole Miss to be a nice enough place, but the entirety of the state should be flushed

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

Agreed on all of this except...I really liked Miami of Ohio's campus.  I haven't been there in 30 years, but I have fond memories of the land and the buildings

Friend of mine, an architect,  after a tour there with his son...asked impressions. Son said "They're all alike!" Dad responded "yeah, brick with white trim like Williamsburg." Son said "No. The students are all dressed alike!" Think Abercrombie and Fitch and greek.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:55 PM, Josh said:

My nephew went to Miami (OH).  Always sort of reminded me of a small version of IU.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:55 PM, Josh said:

It’s probably doubled in size in the last 30 years. Still a really nice campus 

15 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I love ridiculous mascots. The uglier and dumber the better in my book. I think the weirdest thing is they couldn't find a picture of the stadium full? And if not, they could just photoshop it? 

The city used to have the Oral Roberts University Titans, a Christian school with a mascot from Greek mythology, and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, a weather event that will never hit the city. That was a pretty impressive pair of ridiculous mascots. ORU finally figured that out after close to 30 years and changed theirs.

On 9/1/2023 at 2:41 PM, Demo said:

The city used to have the Oral Roberts University Titans, a Christian school with a mascot from Greek mythology, and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, a weather event that will never hit the city. That was a pretty impressive pair of ridiculous mascots. ORU finally figured that out after close to 30 years and changed theirs.

But is a Golden Hurricane a weather event or more extreme golden sh*wer? Just asking for a friend. 

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This Coach Prime pre-game press conference is a master-class.

If Colorado got him that means we could have.

Methinks it’s a monumental missed opportunity.

I wish Indiana would have had the money. The swagger he would have brought in... He and Woody together.. two different eras of swagger. Couldn't beat it.

So, Washington State and Oregon State want to recreate the Pac-12 instead of just jumping into the Mountain West.  Which would be bad news for the Wyoming and San Jose State type schools. 

But... I don't see how, beyond the brand, those two have the bargaining power to force that.  If they kept one of the bigger programs, maybe, but I don't see UNLV paying exorbitant fees just to join a failing conference. 

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

I love seeing former Colts kicker, Pat McAfee as one of the main dudes on College Game Day! 

And former IU coach Lee Corso.  And not a Purdumpster to be found

Lol… Colorado scores a couple tds and has first half momentum and avoids/ gets away with a pass interference call in first half and announcers already bringing up who was last unranked team entering season to win national championship.hahaha