Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This game was always going to be a mismatch. Quite predictable. Let’s see if Michigan is for real in the next game. My guess is no.  

I don't know. The way Michigan handled OSU makes me think they have a chance. That running game is impressive and it keeps the opposing offense off the field.

Cincy didn’t get absolutely embarrassed like I and a lot of other thought they would. Props to them. We still should’ve beat them. 

I hope Michigan gets beat by 5,000,000. 

47 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

How’s this loss compared to other teams that played Bama in the semifinals?  Didn’t Sparty lose 38-0 a few years back 

Blowouts have been common in the playoff. If you put the four best teams in the playoff and one of them gets blown out, not much you can do. I just don’t think Cincinnati was one of the four best teams in the country this year and I don’t think they should’ve been in the playoff.

And honestly, a big part is how thoroughly unimpressed I was when we played them. Alabama didn’t play a good game and had a bunch of injuries/players out and still won by 3 touchdowns and manhandled Cincinnati on defense.

Michigan DB was running stride for stride with the Georgia WR -- had him covered like a glove. 

Then, he just stopped -- 57-yard TD. 

Maize & Blue is getting poleaxed. They'll be black & blue by the time this is over.