Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I don’t know if the booth can review audio. With audio it was clear they hadn’t blown forward progress and it was a TD. Without, not as much. The confirmed ruling was strange though. 

Tennessee absolutely got boned 100% either way. 

My thing is this --

If they can't review because his 'forward progress was stopped', fine.

But they did review -- I don't know if they review audio or not, but two things were clear:  he reached across the end zone prior to the whistle as well as prior to the signal.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

My thing is this --

If they can't review because his 'forward progress was stopped', fine.

But they did review -- I don't know if they review audio or not, but two things were clear:  he reached across the end zone prior to the whistle as well as prior to the signal.

Yeah I agree. I’m not totally sure what they were reviewing there if they were able to confirm the call based on what we saw on TV. Did they somehow confirm that his forward progress stopped and take the whistle away from the side judge altogether? Strange sequence. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

He wasn't down. You can be on top of someone and play continues. Neither of his knees ever hit the ground. That was a touchdown. 

They called it as the forward progress was stopped

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If that's forward progress stopped, then Barry Sanders needs to give back about 800 yards. 

The UT lineman was also trying to pull the RB into the end zone which shouldn't be allowed

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Lol, just realized I posted the exact same thing to you on the other board. Apologies. 

Well I did the same thing.  I don't agree with the call but the OL shouldn't be allowed to pull the RB as well

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Heck of a year for Purdue Football and basketball. Jellysickle.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Basketball? They haven't done sh*t yet. Who cares what you're ranked in December. Currently they are 5th in the BIG. 

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I’ll give Purdue credit for gutting out a win minus a couple of their best players. Beating a mediocre Tenn. team in Nashville is something Allen should have accomplished and didn’t get it done.

They had no business losing that game. That was a joke. 

Basketball? They haven't done sh*t yet. Who cares what you're ranked in December. Currently they are 5th in the BIG. 

Besides being ranked 1 and a consensus top 5 team, likely all season. I think we’d be thrilled to be in that spot. Will they win anything? Probably not, Can they? Hell, yes. Super talented and living up to it so far. I’ll keep watching and rooting against them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Mighty mighty SEC... The GREATEST CONFERENCE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM... Now 1-5 in bowl games. Can still finish 7-6 at the absolute best. 

Bowl games are just about the worst judge of how good teams are. Way too many opt outs, kids hung over, etc. 

11 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Bowl games are just about the worst judge of how good teams are. Way too many opt outs, kids hung over, etc. 

Yea but I have a lot of friends who are SEC fans. Guys from back in the old ESPN chat days. And I like messing with them. Which they make fun of it too. But there are plenty of SEC fans who really feel the conference is just the best and every team is better than everyone else. 

17 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Besides being ranked 1 and a consensus top 5 team, likely all season. I think we’d be thrilled to be in that spot. Will they win anything? Probably not, Can they? Hell, yes. Super talented and living up to it so far. I’ll keep watching and rooting against them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not comparing them to IU. I'd saying losing their first road game to Rutgers after being number one for like two days is not a great start to the BIG. They are very good. But that was a bad loss and they should have lost to NC State too. They also just gave up 90 points (54 in the second half) to Nichols. So anyone thinking they're going to roll through the BIG ten is mistaken. Don't get me wrong they are good and the favorites, but it'll be interesting to see what their record is when it's all said and done.