Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I don't know who we are yet, we've only played Ohio State so far.  Fresno is a vastly different opponent.  Wouldn't you agree?

No, what I saw yesterday they won't score 35 against ISU

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Ok, what percentage of this is Rutgers being pretty good verses Northwestern being just terrible? 

I know this much.  Schiano is a good coach.

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

No, what I saw yesterday they won't score 35 against ISU

Look at it this way.  IU was a 31 point underdog and lost by 20.  Purdoo was a 4 point favorite and lost by 4.  

Does that clarify for you which was a worse loss?

Jeez it's like I'm talking to a purdumpster fan.  

It's OK to be down on IU football, we all are.  But to not see this point is just ridiculous.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38305746/lsu-football-womens-basketball-baseball-brian-kelly-kim-mulkey

Brian Kelly: "I loved my time at Notre Dame. I have nothing but great memories there," Kelly said. "But the whole landscape there is different than it is here. It just is. There are priorities at Notre Dame. The architectural building needed to get built first. They ain't building the architectural building here first. We're building the athletic training facility first, [and] we're in the midst of a $22 million addition to our athletic training facility.”

Shorter version: “To win a Natty I needed a school that doesn’t give 2 $hits about academics.”

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38305746/lsu-football-womens-basketball-baseball-brian-kelly-kim-mulkey

Brian Kelly: "I loved my time at Notre Dame. I have nothing but great memories there," Kelly said. "But the whole landscape there is different than it is here. It just is. There are priorities at Notre Dame. The architectural building needed to get built first. They ain't building the architectural building here first. We're building the athletic training facility first, [and] we're in the midst of a $22 million addition to our athletic training facility.”

Shorter version: “To win a Natty I needed a school that doesn’t give 2 $hits about academics.”

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/education/lsu-only-sec-school-that-raises-more-in-donations-for-athletics-than-for-academics/article_b4a952be-9bbc-11e6-be38-47586622ab87.html

From 2016, but surely things haven’t changed much. The first paragraph is all you need to read. 

21 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Just now seeing this somehow. What on earth is going on in East Lansing?

*for clarity, because I had to go to the replies to confirm; MSU did in fact let Brown back into the game. 

Mel Tucker's buyout is $76 million lol

22 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Just now seeing this somehow. What on earth is going on in East Lansing?

*for clarity, because I had to go to the replies to confirm; MSU did in fact let Brown back into the game. 

And Tim thought the spasming leg was a good sign? Wow

Duke and UNC seem to have semi righted the ship with their football programs.  I think we should look into that formula and see if we can find some ideas to copy.  Duke looked hyper athletic vs  Clemson last night.  Having a mobile QB is paramount for a good college football team especially one that can't put overpowering brutes up and down the offensive line.  

If he plays like he played against TCU the remainder of the season, Shedeur Sanders will guide Colorado to a lot of wins, will be a Heisman candidate and part of the discussion for the 1st overall pick in the NFL draft. He's that good. 

Does anyone know what kind of depth Colorado has? I'm wondering if Coach Prime is one injury away from the wheels falling off or if he's actually got plenty of spares.