Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I generally think that Deboer is one of the smartest football people on the planet. This one, though...yikes.

The only saving grace here is that this will be Deboer's offense run his way, exactly how he wants it, so all Sheridan will have to do is find their situation on the play sheet, phone the call to the signalers, and watch Deboer's offense work.

He also won’t have Hiller as his OL coach

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

LOL! Seriously dude go be a grown up

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39976083/ncaa-approves-helmet-communications-fbs-games

RIP to all the 5th stringers wearing various florescent colored caps and bibs and of course goodbye to the biggest arm of every FBS athletic department, the football arts and crafts team.

best play ever.jpg

Will the true Deion Sanders stand up…yes success at Jackson State….A great marketing campaign with the gift of gab aided by first game win vs an over rated TCU team based on previous years success.   He is a short lived (great fad) based on his unsuccessful campaign at Colorado that will move on after banking $$$$$$ after an unsuccessful coaching at a major college level.  Good for himself.  

The true Deion has stood up.

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

Will the true Deion Sanders stand up…yes success at Jackson State….A great marketing campaign with the gift of gab aided by first game win vs an over rated TCU team based on previous years success.   He is a short lived (great fad) based on his unsuccessful campaign at Colorado that will move on after banking $$$$$$ after an unsuccessful coaching at a major college level.  Good for himself.  

The true Deion has stood up.

What did I miss?

26 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Probably referencing his son being a d-bag online yesterday.

The Apple didn’t fall far from the tree, did it? Very few athletes i’ve just genuinely detested. I detest Deion Sanders.

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

The Apple didn’t fall far from the tree, did it? Very few athletes i’ve just genuinely detested. I detest Deion Sanders.

If you're gonna come in super, super hot, you better be super, super right.

It appears that Deion has done the former but not the latter.

15 minutes ago, Demo said:

At first I was kinda rooting for the whole thing just from an entertainment standpoint. Then TV beat the whole thing into the ground, the whole program showed zero humility while getting waxed, and it became way more fun to root for them to get thumped every Saturday. I don't think things will improve much for them this season and personally I can't wait.

57 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Probably referencing his son being a d-bag online yesterday.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll just say this. I'm not defending Coach Prime so keep that in mind.

• Won 3 more games than the previous season he took over.
    • 1-11 the previous season when he took over and he told those players to leave 
  • Doesn't bad mouth anyone publicly until they cast the first stones.
    • Xavier Smith cast the first stone is this case
  • Running a high risk high reward program.

He's an extremely confident and brutally honest person that rubs folks the wrong the way. Personally, I don't like his style but I respect the heck out of him. 

The verdict is still out if he's running an unsuccessful campaign. It's only his second season but he tripled the school's wins from the previous season. I would say that's far from unsuccessful but that's just me. 

4 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Thanks for sharing.

I'll just say this. I'm not defending Coach Prime so keep that in mind.

• Won 3 more games than the previous season he took over.
    • 1-11 the previous season when he took over and he told those players to leave 
  • Doesn't bad mouth anyone publicly until they cast the first stones.
    • Xavier Smith cast the first stone is this case
  • Running a high risk high reward program.

He's an extremely confident and brutally honest person that rubs folks the wrong the way. Personally, I don't like his style but I respect the heck out of him. 

The verdict is still out if he's running an unsuccessful campaign. It's only his second season but he tripled the school's wins from the previous season. I would say that's far from unsuccessful but that's just me. 

I think that's a fair and really well-stated counter-point. It can be either/or:

When Teri Moren came to IU there was a major culture change, and with it came some really nasty posts from the families of players that left IU about how Moren was steamrolling good people. That turned out to be so very not true. Of course, in some instances a new coach can be just an @$$, nothing more and nothing less.

Deion is the ringleader of a self created circus that pays well and in realizing has come, and entering on it’s way out…then gone….good for him.   He made some good money like many others with his around 50% win record circus show.

32 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Definitely not my style.  He's got no issues throwing stones back. 

Here's the thing though, he might be right.  He's got a season to prove it.

He is irrevocably wrong before any analysis of the substance of the tweet. An organizational leader that responds to criticism in that manner is wrong no matter what the answer is to the player analysis.

Shedur Sanders, as a quarterback and potential team leader, posted an awful tweet too for the same reason.

I would guess that +90% of high level coaches are total arrogant @$$holes. Usually they have some level of discretion in public settings though. How does Deion think that tweet is gonna play? If you are a total d!ck no cares if you are right. I put the chances of his schtick having any staying power (at CU or anywhere else) at exactly 0. I doubt he wins enough to last long, but even if he does, people will get tired of the 'look at me' routine ALL the time.