Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40540624/inside-northwestern-new-temporary-football-stadium-david-braun

Interesting story that fills in some of the blanks on that weird-a$$ temporary stadium thing that Northwestern’s doing. Not sure it’s gonna work all that well, but I admire what they’re trying to do. And IU plays there this year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Demo said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40540624/inside-northwestern-new-temporary-football-stadium-david-braun

Interesting story that fills in some of the blanks on that weird-a$$ temporary stadium thing that Northwestern’s doing. Not sure it’s gonna work all that well, but I admire what they’re trying to do. And IU plays there this year.

That is interesting...but I am confused by what "Boosted by "a major six-figure commitment" from the Brauns, the university green-lit the temporary stadium in early April." means? The Football coach had to contribute a few hundred grand to the cost of the temporary stadium while the university spent $800million on the renovation? That can't be right, is it? ETA- yep, confirmed later in the article. That sounds bizarre to me. I wish the Big Ten woulda kicked Northwestern out years ago, not because of this, they just belong in the MAC. 

Edited by Hardwood83

1 hour ago, Demo said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/40638387/2024-college-football-allstate-playoff-bracket-predictor

Must have been editing error. Clearly the headline is supposed to be “Predicting How the 12-Team College Football Playoff Will Play Out…..After Indiana”

Their website seems to be having errors. When I looked at the list it somehow left out IU. I tried reloading the page but the error persisted.

50 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Give 'em points for creativity... not sure how practical it is, given the size of the QR code... 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/oklahoma-state-football-players-wear-qr-codes-helmets-link-nil-fund

Oklahoma-State.jpg

My favorite version of this is Corey Lajoie running a Chili's paint scheme with QR codes on the hood this year at the Daytona 500. Yeah man, let me just focus my iPhone camera on your 200mph hood as you go by so I can enter the sweepstakes to win a free basket of chips and salsa.

Ok, this may be the greatest trivia fact in the history of trivia facts:

Deion Sanders, he of the HOF resume and dump truck-sized ego, had 14 career interceptions at Florida St and is tied on their all time list with:

Lee freaking Corso!

Almost drove off the road when I heard that one. Awesome.

54 minutes ago, Demo said:

Deion Sanders, he of the HOF resume and dump truck-sized ego, had 14 career interceptions at Florida St and is tied on their all time list with:

Lee freaking Corso!

I was seriously coming here to post that same thing!! Heard that about 15 minutes ago, I never would've guess that!

55 minutes ago, Demo said:

Lee freaking Corso!

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

I was seriously coming here to post that same thing!! Heard that about 15 minutes ago, I never would've guess that!

a man in a suit and tie is sitting in a chair drinking a cup of coffee

Pat McAfee on Gameday just said he thinks NIL negotiations will eventually be at the school level and all schools will have a cap.  

Personally, I don't like that idea because IUFB would be kicked in the nuts if there were a cap implemented.