Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IndyCar thread

So my wife informed me today that she volunteered us to walk as chaperones with our 2 high school kid's marching band in the parade this Saturday...gee thx honey...no actually, I am looking forward to it..should be a great memory!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BtownBanners mobile app

Scott Dixon was probably 2-3 feet and a couple of degrees of spin from losing his life. That crash was terrifying. We heard it by the museum then heard the crowd reacting to replays and wondered if something awful had happened. Bad end to a bad week (minus winning the pole).

32 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Scott Dixon was probably 2-3 feet and a couple of degrees of spin from losing his life. That crash was terrifying. We heard it by the museum then heard the crowd reacting to replays and wondered if something awful had happened. Bad end to a bad week (minus winning the pole).

While he was airborne, his right front tire thankfully stayed tethered to his car or that would've knocked him out before the landing.

It certainly looked awful, and probably had him thinking that was it.

I have heard a former racer say that some of the easiest ones to walk away from are the ones that look bad because the car loses so much momentum and energy hitting and flipping through the air, and that the truly bad ones are when the car goes from full speed to a stop very rapidly (ala Earnhardt Sr.).  Not that a driver would think that in the moment though.

He's fine and that's the important part, the roll bars/framing did their job.  It very well may have been a different story though if that wheel came off.

Since I haven't lived in Indiana for 25-plus years, this song always held a special place in my heart. Loved hearing it before the Indy 500. When I was growing up, the race was never on TV live, so we used to listen to it on the radio. My dad always sang along. I can close my eyes and hear him.

Sadly, Jim Nabors died today. My dad passed in May. Maybe Jim can reprise this spectacular ditty and my dad can croon along in the great beyond. RIP, Gomer Pyle.

It's that time again!  The streets of St Petersburg are starting to shut down and barricades are being installed even though the race is 3 weeks away.  Sebastian Bourdais is my neighbor, so I'll be pulling for him to win the whole dang thing this year.  Also, RIP as always to my former neighbor Dan Wheldon.

Can you hear it?  It's coming.....

2018-IndyCar-252x300.jpg

35 minutes ago, Josh said:

Wickens was my favorite guy in DTM because he was just so aggressive. But I’m not sure him winning the pole 1st time out is exactly what Indycar was hoping for.

Man, what a race! Wickens led most of the way and had a fast car. With two laps left, he was spun into the wall after contact with Alexander Rossi, which allowed 3rd place car Sebastien Bourdais to win.

Congrats neighbor!

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Man, what a race! Wickens led most of the way and had a fast car. With two laps left, he was spun into the wall after contact with Alexander Rossi, which allowed 3rd place car Sebastien Bourdais to win.

Congrats neighbor!

The airstrip paint on the inside just spun Rossi sideways as he tried to get under Wickens. Same thing happened to Dixon earlier in the race. Wickens will be really tough at Long Beach next month. Awesome to see Sebastien complete the comeback after that terrible crash he had in 500 qualifying last year.