Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IndyCar thread

The IndyCar season officially starts today!  First race of the year is at 12:30 on ABC.  We have no basketball to watch...so this is what my tv will be on.

I only follow this race and the Indy 500, but I'm hoping some of the posters who follow the series can help keep us updated here.

These cars are so much louder now than in the previous couple years, was there a big change in the offseason?  The last two years I couldn't hear them from my house, today they're so loud I have to crank up the tv with my windows open.

Pole position today belongs to Will Power who broke the track record in qualifications.  

1409525237000-8-31-14-power-brother.jpg

Figure I'll put this in here instead of starting another thread.
Haas F1 ('Murica's team) picked up points in their 1st F1 race, finishing 6th in the Aussie GP.

I am very interested in monitoring their progress this year. I recorded the race but saw who won on an alert on my phone this morning. Oh well, more time for watching basketball now.

I am very interested in monitoring their progress this year. I recorded the race but saw who won on an alert on my phone this morning. Oh well, more time for watching basketball now.

The replay is on NBCSN in a few minutes. I might flip over by the end to see if the announce team (albeit an Aussie and 2 Brits) didn't pass out.

The replay is on NBCSN in a few minutes. I might flip over by the end to see if the announce team (albeit an Aussie and 2 Brits) didn't pass out.

The F1 announce team is far and away the best in auto racing. I'd have to think about it, but Diffey, Hobbs, and Matchett may very well be my favorite in all of sports.

It is Fast Friday.  Teams won't be holding back or testing race setups. It is all about laying that wing back and showing what they have.  I like the old days when teams competed to post the fastest times of the day and changed to qualification engines to push speed over reliability for those 4 laps.  I also miss the T cars that drivers would jump in to test setups and sometimes put another driver in to qualify.

Now we are limited by the engines Honda and Chevy can supply and the deals needed to get more than 33 cars entered. It is still the Greatest Spectacle but it used to have so much more drama and emotion.