Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IndyCar thread

I drove back and forth across the bridge today. They still have all the barricades and stands set up. I've driven on that bridge countless times so I didn't think much of it until I was actually there. I kind of laughed b/c it was honestly way cooler than I thought it would be knowing that just a few days ago cars were driving up to 185mph on that same bridge. That's it. This is a very unremarkable post.

22 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I drove back and forth across the bridge today. They still have all the barricades and stands set up. I've driven on that bridge countless times so I didn't think much of it until I was actually there. I kind of laughed b/c it was honestly way cooler than I thought it would be knowing that just a few days ago cars were driving up to 185mph on that same bridge. That's it. This is a very unremarkable post.

Don’t lie. You bombed it coming down the other side, hoping to feel that big bump Paul Tracy and the boys wouldn’t shut up about. 

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Don’t lie. You bombed it coming down the other side, hoping to feel that big bump Paul Tracy and the boys wouldn’t shut up about. 

Hah! Oh yeah, I gave the Rav4 everything she had. Unfortunately it was about 6pm, plenty of traffic, and I don't think I even hit 50mph. Even more remarkable to think about what 185 on the downside of that bridge would feel like. 

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Scott McLaughlin sitting on pole for tomorrow's race

Screenshot_20220226-223950_Chrome.jpg

I thought JJ would do much better than he has. Finishing a race seemed like an exception last year. Really anxious to see him on the ovals and especially IMS this year. 

12 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I thought JJ would do much better than he has. Finishing a race seemed like an exception last year. Really anxious to see him on the ovals and especially IMS this year. 

Yeah, it's pretty shocking.  He's a full second behind 24 of the 26 drivers here too

On 2/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, Josh said:

This race is on NBC right now

Yeah if you live outside of central Indiana.   They are back to blacking it out so the race won’t air on NBC for us until 7pm.   if you have Peacock you can stream it this year because IMS didn’t have the technology to black out a stream yet.  Next year they will black that out as well 

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Hey, an IU Football(Football??) shout-out in the race. Take that, crappy 'We're here too' Purdon't commercial.

I missed it.  What was it?

Another great Indy weekend. You’d have trouble convincing me that crowd was smaller than the 100th running. An insane amount of people (and traffic…ISP has been out of Indy 500 traffic routing practice for a few years and it showed). 

18 hours ago, Josh said:

I missed it.  What was it?

Coach Allen coached the head of Arrow McLaren and Pato's strategist at Ben Davis and it was mentioned after the last round of pit stops. Found this sit down with the two.