Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

Analysis: Where should IU be seeded in the NCAA Tournament?

We should be a 3 before Utah just because we did win the big ten regular season with only three losses. But I know we will be a 4 rather drop to 6 then be the four. Would play better team as 6 but I think we can beat most of the 2 and 3 seeds

This is kind of where I am, too. What IU did in the Big Ten was impressive, winning it outright by two games. You don't put them into free fall mode because of a buzzer-beating quarterfinal loss in the conference tournament.

I agree. Many were putting Indiana at the 3 before conference tournament. I think at worse Indiana drops to a 4. You don't win the big ten, and that at 2 games better, and get seeded worse than a 4 regardless of the schedule.

It's amazing how much easier this all would have been if Indiana simply could have played the way it had in recent weeks when it faced a desperate Michigan team on Friday. Give Michigan credit though. They hit some big shots.

Exactly, but I think eventually Robert Johnson's injury was just going to catch up with us at some point.  Friday was that day.

Right now Lunardi has IU as a 4 in the Midwest with Kansas as the 1.

His No. 1's are Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina and Virginia. 

Which of those four No. 1's would you rather be paired with? Of the 4, I would probably take Virginia.

Which of those four No. 1's would you rather be paired with? Of the 4, I would probably take Virginia.

The last one I would take is UVA. We would have no transition offense whatsoever and I don't think we'd be patient enough to play 25 seconds of defense every time down.

P.S. Go with Andy Bottoms, Lunardi is a hack.

i would take North Carolina just because they would play at our pace or the 1 possible 1 seed u didn't mention Oregon( 22 top 100 wins) 12 of those being 50 wins only 2nd to Kansas

I don't think there is much debate here, 4 seed. Entering the Big Ten tourney our range was 2-4 seed. Win 1-2 games and we stay on 3 line. Win the championship and likely 2. Lose in the first round to a borderline tournament team and we are a 4.