Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yogi's Picnic Basket

Blackmon Transferring?

Imo, this post is bs. He thought about going pro after his freshman year. If he would've stayed healthy this year, he probably would've gone pro or almost gone pro this year. Transferring is a step back in the process of achieving his goal: going pro.

Imo the Wayne tv report should pretty much put the brakes on this topic. I trust that the source they contacted is close and wanted to end this rumor quickly. I am now not giving him transferring a very good chance

Common sense prevails lol

This may be one of those cases where it would have been a good idea to withhold information like this until something came out, if at all.

I can't speak for everyone obviously.  While it's great having access to tidbits and rumors like this, it may have been a better idea to not post this, and wait until after the fact (if the transfer happened) and then shared what you were told.  No worries though, doesn't look like any real harm was done, and it's what makes message boards fun.

IndyHutch, you are 100% right! I was simply only posting by what she told me and I have no proof it was true, so I brought it here to either shoot it down or confirm. Honestly I still think it could happen. If JBJ was to transfer he wouldn't want to announce it by being called out on twitter, but the same reasons you stated are the same reasons why I didn't believe it to begin with. I'm sure there will be a lot of rumors on more than just him in the coming weeks, but the only thing we can do is take it w a grain of salt and wait for official word. Our fan base has a way of the world ending with things like this. We will all know soon enough and I truly believe he is staying, but like you stated w past experiences, anything can happen. Ready for selection Sunday to where we are going to play and who tonight!!

Comment from Blackmon on Peegs:

“There is no validity to anything being said about my future other than I will be an Indiana Hoosier,” said Blackmon prior to practice on Sunday. “Besides working to get healthier, I’m going to help my teammates prepare for the NCAA Tournament. I’m obviously disappointed I can’t play, but the players and coaches have helped me through my injury and I want to be a leader for them.”

I just posted the article with Blackmon Jr. denying the rumors. Sure, he could be doing that publicly and then changing his mind but I'd be surprised. I know what you're saying but I'm not a big fan of the go on to Twitter and throw something against the wall and see what sticks kind of mentality. I know you had a source but even you said you weren't sure if was really his aunt and I just like to have real, confirmed sources on stories before throwing them up there. I do appreciate the fact that you continue to come on here though to face the music. That's a rarity when these things occur from my experience.

IndyHutch, you are 100% right! I was simply only posting by what she told me and I have no proof it was true, so I brought it here to either shoot it down or confirm. Honestly I still think it could happen. If JBJ was to transfer he wouldn't want to announce it by being called out on twitter, but the same reasons you stated are the same reasons why I didn't believe it to begin with. I'm sure there will be a lot of rumors on more than just him in the coming weeks, but the only thing we can do is take it w a grain of salt and wait for official word. Our fan base has a way of the world ending with things like this. We will all know soon enough and I truly believe he is staying, but like you stated w past experiences, anything can happen. Ready for selection Sunday to where we are going to play and who tonight!!

We have a story up on this in articles on our site.

Comment from Blackmon on Peegs:

“There is no validity to anything being said about my future other than I will be an Indiana Hoosier,” said Blackmon prior to practice on Sunday. “Besides working to get healthier, I’m going to help my teammates prepare for the NCAA Tournament. I’m obviously disappointed I can’t play, but the players and coaches have helped me through my injury and I want to be a leader for them.”

IU's James Blackmon Jr. focused on recovery, not transfer rumors

Zachary P Osterman, IndyStar 8:14 p.m. EDT March 16, 2016

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Refuting any suggestion that he plans to transfer after the season, IU sophomore guard James Blackmon Jr. said Wednesday his focus is squarely on rehabilitating from a torn ACL, and helping his team in the NCAA tournament.

Speaking to reporters in front of his locker before the Hoosiers' open practice Wednesday, Blackmon said he had "no clue" how the transfer report took form.

"People just kept texting me and calling me, like, 'What’s going on?' I haven’t even said anything about that," Blackmon said. "I’ve just been focused on this championship, on my team, on helping us win. I haven't even said anything about nothing after the year. I don’t even know how that got out."

IU's second-leading scorer (15.8 ppg) during non-conference play, Blackmon suffered a season-ending injury -- which eventually required surgery -- two days before the Hoosiers' Big Ten opener at Rutgers on Dec. 30.

Blackmon confirmed Wednesday that the injury was a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, and said he still hasn't been cleared to resume full activity.

"Everything went well with the surgery, and I’m far ahead of the protocol, but I’m not gonna rush anything," he said. "I haven’t gotten back a lot of things I was able to do on the court, because I haven’t been able to run, cut, things like that. But I can shoot.

"I definitely know I’m a lot stronger upper-body wise, because I’ve been hitting the weights hard. Pretty much now I do everything the team does in the weight room, with my legs involved."

During his recovery, Blackmon said he has spent more time in the weight and film rooms, and tried to serve as an extra pair of eyes on the bench.

"Just be a full leader, be the guy that I wanted to be at the beginning of this year, but a little bit better," Blackmon said of his goals during his injury layoff. "I’m gaining experience right now by not even playing, being a coach on the bench. I’ve been in the film room a lot, seeing where my teammates can attack and where I can come in and attack. ...

"You see a lot of things you could’ve done better, and a lot of things you do well."

During his recovery, Blackmon said he has spent more time in the weight and film rooms, and tried to serve as an extra pair of eyes on the bench.
"Just be a full leader, be the guy that I wanted to be at the beginning of this year, but a little bit better," Blackmon said of his goals during his injury layoff. "I’m gaining experience right now by not even playing, being a coach on the bench. I’ve been in the film room a lot, seeing where my teammates can attack and where I can come in and attack. ...
"You see a lot of things you could’ve done better, and a lot of things you do well."

I really wish he had mentioned defense somewhere in that statement....