Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Wisconsin Post Game Thread

Guys 19-20 turnovers list the game not the refs!

yeah we had a chance in first half to build a lead and not let refs get involved. Think we had the miss dunk a couple turnovers where lead could've got up to 7-10 range then maybe whiskey would've started getting away from their game

The refs were a huge reason for the loss! It wasn't just the fouls they called on us, it was the ones they missed on them. More specifically on Happ chicken winging almost every time on the block. Didn't get called once.

Had nothing to do with it. Did it help, no. But Troy continues to turn the ball over on a dribble drive (which he cannot do hardly), your 5th year senior transfer has more fouls than points, CTC didn't play OG on Hayes really at all when he is the one who locked him down the first match up. There are a ton of different things you can find and point out to come up with just one more stop, or one more bucket to win the game despite the refs.

Had nothing to do with it. Did it help, no. But Troy continues to turn the ball over on a dribble drive (which he cannot do hardly), your 5th year senior transfer has more fouls than points, CTC didn't play OG on Hayes really at all when he is the one who locked him down the first match up. There are a ton of different things you can find and point out to come up with just one more stop, or one more bucket to win the game despite the refs.

im just hoping og was one of the guys under the weather because if not there was no reason not to have him on the floor

You made my point in your second sentence. If it didn't help, well, then it hurt. It hurts when the other team shoots over twenty free throws in the final ten minutes. I'm not saying we didn't make mistakes elsewhere, of course we did. But for you people saying the refs played no factor is completely wrong

It wears on players too. Hayes would get low and fight for position. As soon as an IU player would start pushing him back a foul was called. I get they're trying to give the advantage to the offensive players to change the game but... really? Also, when Hayes sticks his arm out to make contact with Troy on the sideline, the announcers call "Hayes, out of bounds", and then the ref calls a foul....? It's an accumulation over the game that frustrates players and has them off balance. IU didn't play with enough consistent intensity to win that game and still should have won if not for one or two WTF calls. It's really as simple as that.

And really Dukie, you out of everyone should know what a call here or there can do in a game.

Used to it. Duke wins every game because of the refs.

Crean before the game said we have to force the tempo and can't turn the ball over and we didn't do either of those two things. Can't blame officiating cause you can't control that but take care of your business and you are fine. Didn't spread the scoring out either can't have two or three guys disappear for the day.

Didn't say they didn't suck I'm just saying IU seemed content to let the game be called that way. Made 0 adjustments defensively. A lot of those fouls were legit. We act like this doesn't happen at Assembly Hall as well.

I was at the game sitting close enough to the action. Most of the calls on Hayes looked legit. We were frequently beat in the paint and forced to block from behind. A lot of body while in the air. I will say that YF was also getting bumped frequently on layup attempts and did not get the same result. It was quite clear from where I was sitting that our defense has improved but, is still not very good. Interesting, the UW fans I sat with all agree, if YF goes for contact on Hayes at the end of regulation, we win.