Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Indiana @ Nebraska - Post-game thread - 1/2

We played 1 good half, one bad half. It was good enough today but won't be against the upper half if the bigten

So many strange, atypical Crean things happening. I shared a stat on here a long time ago that was staggering about winning the first half and losing the second half. In Crean's time we lost the second half twice as much as the first half. We rarely ever came back from a large deficit.

This year we are playing better in the second half and coming back in games where we are down. Something is very different this year. Defense still sucks but something is different

A few points:

*It is true that our first two conference games were against weak opponents but you cannot discount BT road wins.

*it was great that NB did not have the same layup drill that Rutgers had.

*PU lost at home. That alone makes this a beautiful day.

*Two (of many) things I have gotten wrong...
1) I thought Rojo would step in and make people question why Blackmon was starting over him but he has laid a really big egg at Rutgers and NB. Really has surprised me.

2) After just a few minutes early in the season I did not think OG could possibly be a replacement for Holt. Happy to say I was wrong.
He is looking good.

A few points:

*It is true that our first two conference games were against weak opponents but you cannot discount BT road wins.

*it was great that NB did not have the same layup drill that Rutgers had.

*PU lost at home. That alone makes this a beautiful day.

*Two (of many) things I have gotten wrong...
1) I thought Rojo would step in and make people question why Blackmon was starting over him but he has laid a really big egg at Rutgers and NB. Really has surprised me.

2) After just a few minutes early in the season I did not think OG could possibly be a replacement for Holt. Happy to say I was wrong.
He is looking good.

I liked holt but og show two times more promise than holt did. He could be big for us.

It's got to be what, 1.25 hours? Less? I'm not sure the route they have to take for the wind right there. Less on the way back I'm sure.

Not really sure, not use to flying. Having your own plane and the Bloomington airport helps a lot I'm sure haha

Is there a dedicated spot that post game interviews with the coach and players gets posted? I'm without a pc right now so searching for stuff is harder

Is there a dedicated spot that post game interviews with the coach and players gets posted? I'm without a pc right now so searching for stuff is harder

From Inside The Hall (Crean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU8Oz-_TXU

From Inside The Hall (Players)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0XbuGN6Dcg

Always great to get a Big10 win. Disappointed in Troy and RoJo, but bad games happened. Yogi made up for half of his bad game.

Really happy with Tom, Colin, and OG. One thing I want to point out is that I was impressed with NZ's defense. I felt he did a great job staying in front of his man or made it difficult to shoot. A lot of the team this, and was impressed.

Hope to keep building and playing better.

OG needs more PT
Yogi appears to be back
I stand by my statement in Troy shouldn't handle the PG spot at all
Defense was somewhat better

Good start to the league season. Although they are both at the bottom of the B1G, it helps our confidence. Need to continue this before we play the good schools.

Defense was noticeably better - wonder why... Was someone who can't d worth a poop not playing????