Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jmsgws

Jordan Howard - Miami Dolphins

Patrick Finley - Chicago Sun Times:

ARLINGTON, Texas — Jordan Howard went from rookie to featured back in less than three quarters Sunday.

Depending on Jeremy Langford’s ankle, it could stay that way for a while.

Howard was the Bears’ leading rusher against the Cowboys, totaling 45 yards on nine carries, including a 36-yard gallop.

“It felt good being out there but at the end of the day you always want to win,” the Indiana alum said. “None of that even matters. I feel like I played O.K., but I want to win."

Any excitement generated by his spark was dulled when Langford left the sideline and was taken to the tunnel with what the Bears called an ankle injury. Wearing a walking boot on his right foot after the game, Langford echoed coach John Fox, saying he was unsure about the extent of the injury.

Howard appears to be the next in line, with Ka’Deem Carey staying in Chicago because of a hamstring injury suffered Monday.

“He’s done a really good job since he’s been here,” guard Kyle Long said. “We’ve got a bunch of good backs. We just have to block for them. You give them an inch and they’ll take a mile.”

Howard said he’d be ready to be the featured back, if needed. After showing flashes in a brief appearance against the Eagles, Howard has proven to be the team’s most exciting back in the past two games.

“I don’t really feel like it’s a challenge, because (Langford), Ka’deem and (Jacquizz Rodgers), when he was here, they all helped me get up to speed pretty quickly,” Howard said. “They’re the reason I was able to process so fast, because they helped me out tremendously.

“I feel like I’ll be able to handle it, but I’ve got I’m going to have to get other people up to speed too.”

Man my bears suck.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We could've been average this year with anything resembling depth but we were paper thin at every position. Hoping for a top draft pick now. The QB situation makes me think it could be a long 5 or so years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah at this point I'm tempted to just say "F*** It, #1 Pick". But man it seems like the entire starting defense is injured.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think that's why I am for the top pick and the higher picks in subsequent rounds. We are terrible at many positions. It might be a good time to hit reboot. I am tired of these 6-10 to 9-7 teams. In our division that is a pick from 7 to 16 and no growth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app