Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Old Friend

Standards at Indiana

Say what you want about how much it matters (or not) that this stuff is out there, but it was the subject of discussion on the BigTen Network pregame show before the UNLV game. It gets press, it gets talked about, and it goes "viral" in the worst possible way - recruits and families of recruits read/hear/watch it.

And while nothing negative may result from her tirade, I can promise that nothing positive will come from this. IMO, it's just more of the overall negativity seen from the mediocrity that is the IU basketball program under this coach.

That's exactly what he said...

Say what you want about how much it matters (or not) that this stuff is out there, but it was the subject of discussion on the BigTen Network pregame show before the UNLV game. It gets press, it gets talked about, and it goes "viral" in the worst possible way - recruits and families of recruits read/hear/watch it.

And while nothing negative may result from her tirade, I can promise that nothing positive will come from this. IMO, it's just more of the overall negativity seen from the mediocrity that is the IU basketball program under this coach.

Not sure if you're agreeing or what, but yeah that's pretty much what I said haha. This was also posted before BTN and ESPN picked it up, so it did get spread out a little more.

Folks, Crean doesn't shoot. He doesn't pass. He doesn't dribble and he doesn't play defense. He doesn't execute on the floor....his players do (or don't). Williams, Blackmon and Ferrell especially are selfish, lazy and far from leaders. Remember Bracey Wright? He wears #11 this year. I love to see people criticizing Crean...you'd wet yourselves if you were in his position. At some point the players have to be accountable.

You are correct that Crean does not shoot or pass, and he does some things well, however. each year....

Regardless of the players or lineups we seem to be mediocre when it comes to turnovers.
Regardless of the players or lineups our perimeter defense is poor.
Regardless of the players or lineups our help defense is poor.
Regardless of the players or lineups we do not perform well against zones
Who here has confidence we will get a good shot when there are 10 or less seconds on the shot clock?
Who here has confidence in plays that are called during timeouts?
Who here has confidence in the substitution patterns (in fairness a bit better this year) ?

It would be one thing, and unfair, if I was referring to one game but the items above define the Crean teams each and every year.
At some point Glass has to ask himself if improvement that will get us to the next level will ever be made under Crean.

You are correct that Crean does not shoot or pass, and he does some things well, however. each year....

Regardless of the players or lineups we seem to be mediocre when it comes to turnovers.
Regardless of the players or lineups our perimeter defense is poor.
Regardless of the players or lineups our help defense is poor.
Regardless of the players or lineups we do not perform well against zones
Who here has confidence we will get a good shot when there are 10 or less seconds on the shot clock?
Who here has confidence in plays that are called during timeouts?
Who here has confidence in the substitution patterns (in fairness a bit better this year) ?

It would be one thing, and unfair, if I was referring to one game but the items above define the Crean teams each and every year.
At some point Glass has to ask himself if improvement that will get us to the next level will ever be made under Crean.

yup!

Not sure where people were saying Troy isn't coachable, but...

@MikeMillerHT: Crean says he was late to presser because he was with Troy Williams putting in extra work. "He's very receptive to (teaching points)."

OH YA CREAM WOULD SAY THT

@MikeMillerHT: Crean says he was late to presser because he was with Troy Williams putting in extra work. "He's very receptive to (teaching points)."

good he is finally going to quit running down the court and turning the ball over. Finally

My positive side says.........Great to hear!!!

My skeptical side says.....When Crean feels the heat he likes to show he is working 24/7.