Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Flash3

Who is the best player in the Big Ten?

There are several names that come to mind when I think of this like Yogi, Melo Trimble, Nigel Hayes, Denzel Valentine, AJ Hammons, Caris LeVert. Could a Freshman break through like Diamond Stone, Thomas Bryant or Deyonta Davis? A transfer like Eron Harris? Or maybe someone a bit out of nowhere like a Malcolm Hill or Bryant McIntosh? But which one is the best? Which one could end up being the best this year? Each have their strengths and weaknesses. Each can make a team better. Who would you say is the best?

Not Levert.
Not a freshman.

Yogi, Trimble, Valentine, Hammons, Hayes, Tate: one of 'dem.

I could definitely see Tate in there. But I think you have to include LeVert. Kid is good. And when is healthy he is one of the best in the B1G.

Not Levert.

Not a freshman.

Yogi, Trimble, Valentine, Hammons, Hayes, Tate: one of 'dem.

Why no LeVert? Dude did a little of everything for Michigan at a pretty high rate, while being efficient, and rated out as a great defender. 

Why no LeVert? Dude did a little of everything for Michigan at a pretty high rate, while being efficient, and rated out as a great defender.

LeVert was averaging 15 ppg, 5 rpg, 4 apg and 2 spg before going down. That's pretty good.

Yogi, Melo, Hammons. In the end, I could see it being Melo because he has more preseason hype. That's the same reason Trey Burke won it over a more deserving Victor Oladipo.

I'd say Zeller deserved it more than VO. But Burke was great.