Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

IU Men's BBall Gets Perfect APR Score Again

one of the great mysteries of life...
by the way...hasn't UK hit the 1000 APR for like 25 years running?

but hey...it's something.

if that's true, I don't know how proud we should be! But congrats to all the players and coaches.

if that's true, I don't know how proud we should be! But congrats to all the players and coaches.

I exaggerated...

I just saw them (UK folk) bragging about the same thing on twitter earlier, and realized it must not be that difficult to achieve...

UK has a long history of turning kids who struggled in high school into 4.0 students. I remember Calipari bragging about this a few years back.  They must use the same academic curriculum for their BBall team that UNC used! Yeah--I went there!  :rtfm:

so being this is the case...

maybe we can acknowledge the fact that the APR isn't that impressive...

having said that...IU academia is head and shoulders above most...

so....

I love all of you.

Are IU basketball players consistently going to class? Absolutely. Every day.

Are IU basketball players completing their work on a regular basis? Yes.

Are IU basketball players given a good amount of leeway by professors? Yes. From what I have seen, some are, yes.

They're going to class, taking legitimate college level classes, and doing their work for the most part, while still also getting some breaks here and there. Better than a lot of other programs could say, I imagine.

I've only had a few classes with athletes, but I've seen "regular student" after "regular student" get break after break after break in the course of attending 2 universities and 1 college.

one of the great mysteries of life...

by the way...hasn't UK hit the 1000 APR for like 25 years running?

but hey...it's something.

I sure don't want to minimize this fine accomplishment but when I saw UK right there I thought wow, you got to be kidding me.

so being this is the case...

maybe we can acknowledge the fact that the APR isn't that impressive...

having said that...IU academia is head and shoulders above most...

so....

I love all of you.

Yea, this isnt such a big deal really. Believe Kansas made the list as well as UK.

. I was on the Deans list and consumed dangerous levels of toxins. It.Can.Be.Done!!!

Can confirm. Got into Law School, had a 3.5 GPA senior year of undergrad and worked 2 jobs during that time. Went to the bars 4 to 5 days a week most weeks.