Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

323SGrant

IU and the Maui Classic 2015

Why are they ICED? UofL has Black Ice uniforms and they change colors in the light or in pictures or something.. Do these do that?

Yes. The only difference is UL asked that theirs also be edible. :o

Sorry-couldn't resist in light of their recent scandal. :no:

I too like the ICED OUT uniforms! They will look good under the bright lights of the big games!  It's good to see Adidas modernizing some of their apparel to compete with Nike and others as young kids (and even us old timers) like to see some glitz once in a while. For example, I have to admit I am always interested to see what football helmet the Hoosiers are going to be wearing next. I imagine potential recruits like it too.

Looking ahead to Maui---Coach Loos of Austin Peay has now played Vandy and IU back-to back.  He was interviewed after the IU game about a potential IU/Vandy matchup in Maui and he said he would love to see that.  He said Vandy is huge inside and IU is athletic and fast-breaking.  He said he thought Vandy shot well until he saw IU---unbelievable was the term he used. He said his team played better against IU and said he was unsure who would win that head-to head matchup. He said both teams are very good.  We will find out soon! 

Depending on who we play, and how we play, we could have a legitimate shot at being a top 5-10 team at weeks end. Parity this year is greater than in many years past that I can remember. We've already seen 4-5 top 10 teams lose early. I have taken a lot of heat early on for thinking this team was a top 5 team but I stand by it. If Thomas Bryant stays out of foul trouble and defends, I dont see many matchups that I like over us. Kentucky, Maryland, and Purdue. That's it. Maybe Gonzaga.

Depending on who we play, and how we play, we could have a legitimate shot at being a top 5-10 team at weeks end. Parity this year is greater than in many years past that I can remember. We've already seen 4-5 top 10 teams lose early. I have taken a lot of heat early on for thinking this team was a top 5 team but I stand by it. If Thomas Bryant stays out of foul trouble and defends, I dont see many matchups that I like over us. Kentucky, Maryland, and Purdue. That's it. Maybe Gonzaga.

I'd LOVE to see us play UK this year. Bryant can handle Skal and they would run with us. It would be a shootout.

I've watched a lot of MD basketball this year because they're in my Top 5 teams. I'm curious, what is it specifically you think they match-up well with us on? I know it's early and still hard to tell, but they have most of the same weaknesses as last year, they just improved their strengths. They're not a particularly physical team and they prefer to play at a medium pace and are vulnerable to other teams setting the pace for them. The sample size is still crazy small, and we play them so late in the season that the teams won't even look the same, but I feel like we match-up pretty well.

Kentucky is so unlike any other team it's hard to even know.

Purdue, well, if we get to play Vandy during this tourney we'll know how we can do against Purdue. Vandy plays even bigger and their bigs are better. I am interested to see how we handle that kind of size this year.

Well went to take the plunge to buy a ticket..tickets went on sale at 9:00am here in Maui and as of like 9:01 they were sold out. The website wouldn't function properly to purchase anything and the box office phone rang busy till about 10. Guess ill be watching the games in my hotel room all week haha