Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mdiu28

Yogi Thanks Fans

I think the only reason we're worked up about this is that if there is one thing that all IU fans agree on right now is that Yogi is the consummate embodiment of what we want in an IU player. Even the thought of losing him early, especially given how tumultuous things appear to be right now, is gut-wrenching.

For what it's worth, I think Yogi returns and has the kind of season a player of his caliber and a person of his quality deserves.

"At 4'3, Yogi stands taller than anyone else"

Why is he that embodiment?

Yogi is a great college player and has a chance at a great professional career. The one black mark he has on his resume is that while he has been the leader and best player, we haven't been very good. Is that his fault? Certainly not all his fault but some of that has to fall on the leader. Crean and staff first and then Yogi in my mind.

He is a winner but not sure he has been successful in motivating others to take on that same demeanor and attitude. Again, not all his responsibility but as our team leader, we need him to get the best out of his teammates every night. We get it sometimes