Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) JUCO SG Mychal Mulder to UK

We need a big man. Not a project big man, but one that can play right away. If there is a juco player or one with a year of eligibility, I would be happier. Our two recruits may grow into that role, but it won't happen next year.

The oversigns don't concern me at 2. I worry that Crean knows we are losing someone beyond 2 and that player is one of the core players we want back.

The VU coach is my parent's neighbor and friend. My dad has been to most of the games. I will ask him if this player could help IU. VU is ranked #1 and undefeated.

This is from a premie article so I don't know any details, but looks like 3 visits from the list below. Maybe something to keep an eye on.

Mike Hughes‏@ITVHughes
Four-star JC SG Mychal Mulder eyeing visits.

IU
Creighton
Michigan
Mizzou
UofL
Wichita St.

We need a big man. Not a project big man, but one that can play right away. If there is a juco player or one with a year of eligibility, I would be happier. Our two recruits may grow into that role, but it won't happen next year.

The oversigns don't concern me at 2. I worry that Crean knows we are losing someone beyond 2 and that player is one of the core players we want back.

The VU coach is my parent's neighbor and friend. My dad has been to most of the games. I will ask him if this player could help IU. VU is ranked #1 and undefeated.

I actually go to Vincennes University and have watched several of their games.  When he is on, he is pretty darn good. However, keep in mind they are also against lower level JUCO talent.  The team was undefeated until the championship game of the district 16 (I think) tournament which is basically like a conference tournament. The winner gets an automatic bid, VU lost but still got into the big JUCO National tourney, a 9 seed.

Back to Mulder.  He is a good outside shooter, great on ball defender, when he wants to, quick first step and athletic, more than Stan.  With all of that said, I don't know how quickly he could be a contributor on next years team with so many others in front of him at his position.  He is a competitor so maybe he could force others around him to be better? I don't know just a thought

Sorry but this is just another head scratcher when we are oversigned by 2 and still recruiting guards. I don't care if we lose Z, Stan, and Troy or even Yogi; we still have JB, Rob, Hoetzal, and Hartman. Us losing all the four I mentioned is very unlikely as I see Troy not coming back. Yogi won't get drafted and Crean loves Stan for some reason. I'm sure this young man is a nice player, but this reeks of spending recruiting $ better used on a post player. Or better yet teach a big man like April to contribute instead of pushing him out.