Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TrueHoosier62

"You know you may have a problem with the IU Basketball program if"

You guys don't know the first thing about what I think. I parody posters on this board and you guys miss it.

So basically it is cool to mock others who have a different opinion than your own. Wonder if you see the irony when you start the comment by talking about others not knowing a thing about what you think, then say this

So basically it is cool to mock others who have a different opinion than your own. Wonder if you see the irony when you start the comment by talking about others not knowing a thing about what you think, then say this

I didn't say it was "cool" or however you want to put it; it's simply pointing out the insanity of our fan base. It's really not that serious.

We would do well to take a look in the mirror. How can we make fun of Kentucky fans when everyone spews the crap that's been spewed this year?

I just think some here don't realize that many of the people here really don't have an understanding of how things really work. How things were done in the past really has no relevance to today. If it were that easy, we'd be winning.

I agree for the most part. I do think some of the pumpers were by far the worst perpetrators of the discouraging constructive criticism, and one still is (we all know who I am talking about). Both extremes suck, but it wasn't one that s causing people to leave the site

Agree that both extremes are bad. But, I know from PMs to other "pumpers" that they're not willing to take the interrogation of their opinion, and the vicious piling on, so they're posting less. I usually think of you, JS, Wayne, etc when I think of reasonable "realist" posters. There's no intent to belittle from a post (unless provoked). But, lately, if someone posts a positive post (or having faith in Crean), it's met with hostility and general intolerance of their opinions (not from the aforementioned, but a different group). I dislike pumpers who bash/don't accept others as much as the doomsday pumpers. There needs to be more respect all the way around.

Geometry, click on your BtownBanners control panel ( located under your name at the top of each page ), then click on "Manage Ignore Prefs"  and enter the name(s) of poster(s) you wish to ignore.

This is an easy way to avoid getting into arguments with posters whose opinions differ greatly from yours. I find it helps keep my blood pressure down.

Geometry, click on your BtownBanners control panel ( located under your name at the top of each page ), then click on "Manage Ignore Prefs"  and enter the name(s) of poster(s) you wish to ignore.

This is an easy way to avoid getting into arguments with posters whose opinions differ greatly from yours. I find it helps keep my blood pressure down.

Every time I've ignored someone on a message board/forum, everyone else just happened to quote every post the user I'm ignoring makes.

My luck. :scratchhead:

For some time, I've wondered about the type of person who would actually add a poster's name to an "ignore list".

I can think of at least ten people on this board who's ramblings are, in my opinion borderline lunatic, but I wouldn't think of ignoring them. For starters, they no doubt have similar thoughts regarding my posts/opinions. Secondly, I'm not always right, and sometimes, oddly enough, they are. I have to be willing to be honest with myself and that comes from not just reading, but actually considering another person's point of view, regardless of how they've framed their argument.That won't happen if I've placed half the posters here on an "ignore" list.

For some time, I've wondered about the type of person who would actually add a poster's name to an "ignore list".
I can think of at least ten people on this board who's ramblings are, in my opinion borderline lunatic, but I wouldn't think of ignoring them. For starters, they no doubt have similar thoughts regarding my posts/opinions. Secondly, I'm not always right, and sometimes, oddly enough, they are. I have to be willing to be honest with myself and that comes from not just reading, but actually considering another person's point of view, regardless of how they've framed their argument.That won't happen if I've placed half the posters here on an "ignore" list.

agree!

Hey, I'm "the type of person" who would actually add a poster's name to an "ignore list". I've only done it a few times, I swear!

So wonder about me all you want. I can take it. LOL.

Please believe me, no offense meant by wording it "the type of person".