Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TrueHoosier62

"You know you may have a problem with the IU Basketball program if"

so you are saying were still ok right? I was getting worried. Lol

I've never thought anything about this season is okay; it's not good enough. But that's painfully obvious so I just let all of you repeat the same points after every loss. Maybe it's just me but I kind of figured we'd have trouble guarding other teams... It's not some surprise or conspiracy that Crean's staff doesn't know how to teach defense.

I choose to look at the team with realities in mind; not in a vacuum. Other programs do exist outside of Bloomington.

I've said before I don't think Crean is an elite coach; I do think he deserves a hell of a lot of respect for what he's done in his tenure. Mistakes are going to be made no matter who is the coach. We aren't going to get anyone good enough because obviously people think they know what/who will be successful for IU. I'm not so sure. Apparently it's a really simple thing; Crean can't coach. It's just that easy for all of you I guess. I think it's actually pretty complex with a lot of variables. IU isn't even close to a top 5 program in the modern era. Not even close to a top 30 program. Maybe in the top 50.

My prediction is that he gets the next two years and will be gone if there isn't a Final Four before then. I said when he took the job it will take two full recruiting cycles to recover from starting the program from scratch. It's year 7 of 8; no matter how much I admire the coach, he isn't going to get 10 years here without that because everyone here thinks that's what we deserve. What makes us think that I'll never understand.

I don't think the Purdue game is worth going insane over; it's really not going to mean anything in the end. They played IU perfectly; they are good and deserve credit for making the plays every time.

I truly don't see how running a guy out of town is going to help anything; the problems are influenced by forces way bigger than the coach. You guys act like we get to pick players. Kids aren't beating down the door to come play for a program living in the past. The roster management is not as simple and easy as you guys make it. Revisionist history is a hell of a thing.

I've never thought anything about this season is okay; it's not good enough. But that's painfully obvious so I just let all of you repeat the same points after every loss. Maybe it's just me but I kind of figured we'd have trouble guarding other teams... It's not some surprise or conspiracy that Crean's staff doesn't know how to teach defense.

I choose to look at the team with realities in mind; not in a vacuum. Other programs do exist outside of Bloomington.

I've said before I don't think Crean is an elite coach; I do think he deserves a hell of a lot of respect for what he's done in his tenure. Mistakes are going to be made no matter who is the coach. We aren't going to get anyone good enough because obviously people think they know what/who will be successful for IU. I'm not so sure. Apparently it's a really simple thing; Crean can't coach. It's just that easy for all of you I guess. I think it's actually pretty complex with a lot of variables. IU isn't even close to a top 5 program in the modern era. Not even close to a top 30 program. Maybe in the top 50.

My prediction is that he gets the next two years and will be gone if there isn't a Final Four before then. I said when he took the job it will take two full recruiting cycles to recover from starting the program from scratch. It's year 7 of 8; no matter how much I admire the coach, he isn't going to get 10 years here without that because everyone here thinks that's what we deserve. What makes us think that I'll never understand.

I don't think the Purdue game is worth going insane over; it's really not going to mean anything in the end. They played IU perfectly; they are good and deserve credit for making the plays every time.

I truly don't see how running a guy out of town is going to help anything; the problems are influenced by forces way bigger than the coach. You guys act like we get to pick players. Kids aren't beating down the door to come play for a program living in the past. The roster management is not as simple and easy as you guys make it. Revisionist history is a hell of a thing.

sorry my post didn't deserve that in depth reply I was just giving you a hard time. It was a interesting read though

I don't care who the coach at IU is. I'd be calling for anyone's head if it was year 7. Not 1 final 4.
We are the laughing stock of twitter/Facebook and the big 10. And we are the 4/5th best team in the state of Indiana. That alone would warrant a change of leadership.

I don't care who the coach at IU is. I'd be calling for anyone's head if it was year 7. Not 1 final 4.
We are the laughing stock of twitter/Facebook and the big 10. And we are the 4/5th best team in the state of Indiana. That alone would warrant a change of leadership.

Oh man... You're serious? What in the hell makes you think we should have a Final Four by year 7? We had two chances and came up short. But what is it that makes IU fans so damn arrogant? We deserve that? Why?

Facebook. That's funny. You guys take this stuff way too seriously.

When UK fans start saying IU deserves better.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dear Indiana fans...keep Tom Crean forever. Thanks</p>&mdash; Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/568598168495128576">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dear Indiana fans...keep Tom Crean forever. Thanks</p>&mdash; Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/568598168495128576">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"IU deserves better than Tom Crean".  The exact words of a friend of mine that's a UK fan.

when you wear your iu gear as the base to layer up.

when you walk outside after the Purdue game and it feels warm.

when you witness a great performance and it just doesn't feel right to clap any longer.

when crean makes more faces then Lon Chaney during 1 game.

when Jeremy Hollowell looks more into IU basketball then you do.