Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alford Bailey

Recruiting Momentum

So wrong on all levels since you deny history of a successful program has no place in it's future. Do Alabama recruits know Bear Bryant and their titles? How about UK and the racist Rupp? Hell, Bobby Knight just threw a chair and you think he doesn't matter moving forward? No wonder you're happy with Crean. Do you know any of our championship coaches and do you really deny it matters when we are talking what matters most? Does everyone on your team get a trophy...I mean a sweet 16 ring?

Such absolutes as if your answers are the only way... Tell you what. When you actually have a clue as to what I think I will talk to the wall that is you.

Top coaches make a top 5 program. The tradition of winning championships just make it that much easier to get there. When you can't do it going on 8 years its never going to happen. Who's fooling who?

So in '95 Knight should have been fired? Wow I disagree with your sentiment.

Top coaches make a top 5 program. The tradition of winning championships just make it that much easier to get there. When you can't do it going on 8 years its never going to happen. Who's fooling who?

i was just going to say "this is fun and all, but this thread is about IUs recruiting momentum or lack thereof".

Good post though.

Another thought comes to mind.........
Many have said we don't get the big fish because we don't recruit dirty.

If that is true, how did we get Vonleh, Williams, Yogi, Blackmon, Rob, Stan, Zeller, etc.......?

We were getting them before so the not playing dirty excuse doesn't hold water.

Maybe we don't play AS dirty??? IDK. Just seems like another excuse.

This has been a problem for the last 10 or more years. For years, IU had networks built with coaches within the state, not so much anymore. IU abandoned that approach and went looking outside first in many sports and lost some very good athletes in the process. I'm not a Wilson fan, but he is rebuilding that network.

Yeah I agree with this. That has been a problem since DD wasn't the main recruiter. It's a pipeline that will only be built by winning.

i was just going to say "this is fun and all, but this thread is about IUs recruiting momentum or lack thereof".

Good post though.

Another thought comes to mind.........
Many have said we don't get the big fish because we don't recruit dirty.

If that is true, how did we get Vonleh, Williams, Yogi, Blackmon, Rob, Stan, Zeller, etc.......?

We were getting them before so the not playing dirty excuse doesn't hold water.

Maybe we don't play AS dirty??? IDK. Just seems like another excuse.

I hope we continue to stay away from handlers. Outside of that I hope we go after qualified athletes the same as any other school.

So because Crean hasn't won a title in 7 years means he can't do it? When he started with zero players on the team.... I can't argue with you, man. You're so right.

I'll say it then. Grow a pair. Jeeze. These guys have created a place for us all to discuss IU basketball and receive valuable information you may not find elsewhere. If someone calls you out, defend your position. If the mods started banning people they disagreed with, or censoring people, that'd be an actual issue.

How about warning points for posting about dope smoking issues other teams have as it relates to ours. I got one when McGary had to go to the draft for puffing issues when comparing them to our's last year. Guess what, our same offenders have the same issues this year and McGary hasn't had any. MDn82, would you call that censoring or just disagreeing with me just like you calling others out in this topic. Sure #1apologist, there's no issue with disagreeing with the current staff and program.

So because Crean hasn't won a title in 7 years means he can't do it? When he started with zero players on the team.... I can't argue with you, man. You're so right.

Did Crean just start coaching when he got to Indiana, or do all of his other underachieving years count? Can you imagine the size of that final four ring?

Did Crean just start coaching when he got to Indiana, or do all of his other underachieving years count? Can you imagine the size of that final four ring?

You act like most coaches win titles. It's pretty damn hard to do. He had a CUSA team in the Big East and was a top 25 team consistently. He consistently had success against all of those Hall of Fame coaches. The guy is a fine coach yet he has a lot of growth left within him.

The bottom line is, he has gotten us in position once already to win a title. That's all a coach can do, get his team in position. We didn't perform and that sucks.

I want to know what coach is going to walk into 2008 IU and win a title within a couple of years and do it the way you all want it done. Who is that person?

You guys make points that others can't possibly argue against because they are mired in fantasy.

Only Jesus Christ himself by your standards. That's why Brad Stevens will never measure up to the martyr that is Tom Crean and all he has done for Indiana basketball. They will talk of him with the likes of the general and Mckracken; although his legacy won't come in Cook Hall but rather Assembly Halls new lavaratories.

How about warning points for posting about dope smoking issues other teams have as it relates to ours. I got one when McGary had to go to the draft for puffing issues when comparing them to our's last year. Guess what, our same offenders have the same issues this year and McGary hasn't had any. MDn82, would you call that censoring or just disagreeing with me just like you calling others out in this topic. Sure #1apologist, there's no issue with disagreeing with the current staff and program.

Oh come on Schoosier you know it's our daily goal to censor you and piss you off. We are just trying to even out your visits to ITH and here.

You may want to revisit why you got that warning point. Obviously the reasons given to you by my fellow mods didn't sink in. Don't worry I am not gonna be a dick in this thread. I am enjoying some of the people in this thread. It hasn't got out of hand and is good back and forth.

You act like most coaches win titles. It's pretty damn hard to do. He had a CUSA team in the Big East and was a top 25 team consistently. He consistently had success against all of those Hall of Fame coaches. The guy is a fine coach yet he has a lot of growth left within him.

The bottom line is, he has gotten us in position once already to win a title. That's all a coach can do, get his team in position. We didn't perform and that sucks.

He did so well in CUSA, I think he's the perfect fit to go back and compete. The comp is so much more up to his level of coaching. Both of us can agree on that, except he better have twice as good of players as the other teams. That's only if he wants to implement the famous Tom Crean offense backed up by only the best matadour defense 3.5 million can devise.

Only Jesus Christ himself by your standards. That's why Brad Stevens will never measure up to the martyr that is Tom Crean and all he has done for Indiana basketball. They will talk of him with the likes of the general and Mckracken; although his legacy won't come in Cook Hall but rather Assembly Halls new lavaratories.

I see what you did there. I thought it was nobody would live up to the martyr that was Bob Knight? Tom is doing good if he is in your book as a martyr. Damn things are looking up in Hoosier land!