Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alford Bailey

Recruiting Momentum

Guys, look at that list. You can add Ryan Anderson, Jalen Coleman and Luke if you want to. The system is supposed to be fun, run and gun, up and down the court.....what kids these days want. Kids should be lining up to play in Assembly Hall in that type of system........and they aren't.

I don't think there is any confusion here... We have certainly lost recruiting momentum. We have been unable to land a quality big and pg in 2014 and 2015. We have glaring holes that are handicapping us yet we cannot for the life of us fill those voids. It makes no sense but that is the truth.

Can we please stop with the same old, tired, anti-Crean, recruiting sucks threads? They were understandable in the offseason when there was nothing to talk about, but we are currently 1) ranked (for now) 2) tied for second in the B1G

Barring a massive collapse, this team will be in the tournament, and should be ready to make a splash. Whatever you think of the coach, recruiting, the defense, the weather, does not matter. The season has gone well so far, and has plenty of potential to be even better (or worse, that is always a possibility). But let's talk about the season. Not the offseason and speculation crap.

Recruiting is ALWAYS relevant.

I'm truly amazed at the contrary viewpoint. My point isn't "Crean sucks, Crean sucks". Rather my point is what is wrong? What's broken? What's changed? Crean was getting the big fish before. He isn't now. It's brutally visible, to deny it is just sticking your head in sand.

It's a major concern and talking point and worthy of a thread.

The whole "fact" argument is ridiculous. I've brought facts to these concerns all along. That list is fact!

So by me saying you hate Crean I was attacking? You don't hate Crean or post your feelings at every thought you have on the man? Damn some of you guys need to grow a pair if you are going to post something you are aiming to get a response on and actually do. Yes that is me attacking your fortitude. You are lacking if you can't objectively look at what I said and respond. I will gladly let you respond to this without any concerns of backlash. Grow a pair with some facts for God sake. Do you really feel every player Wayne listed is a miss? Do you really feel that isn't the norm for all coaches? Please enlighten me with facts. Not hatred toward the man. His coaching sucks half of the time. Yes it does. Our defensive preparation sucks this year. We have outplayed expectations by adjusting the talent we currently have. There was an objective response. Do you have the ability to do the same? I have been a mod for years and I can honestly say I highly doubt it...

Your original post was nothing more than drama and not objective as my question was WHY are we missing on so many of these kids not whether or not I thought Crean was the devil (full disclosure I dont think Crean is a devil). Yes, I would expect a more reasonable response from a representative of this site. 

Recruiting is ALWAYS relevant.

it is the lifeblood of a program. Ask ANY coach. It's a year long process. And is on going currently for 15, 16, 17, 18.

Add Leaf to the list too, why not! His dad loves IU remember? Let's not pass this off as anti Crean, IT's Anti-Results!

Your original post was nothing more than drama and not objective as my question was WHY are we missing on so many of these kids not whether or not I thought Crean was the devil (full disclosure I dont think Crean is a devil). Yes, I would expect a more reasonable response from a representative of this site.

Kenny Johnson.

Your point in this post is fine. It's that you keep crapping on Crean in EVERY. SINGLE. POST. No one wants to see that. It's been like this for the past week. Every post is a shot at Crean.

All fair, objective, accurate?

To me this recruiting concern is not Crean bashing. Maybe there is other reasons for the misses. If so, what are they?

And why do people get so bent out of shape when discussing Crean's faults? I don't get it. I would understand if they weren't factual but MOST of the Crean concerns are mired in fact.

The recruiting dilemma is conjecture at this point but the concerns are valid.