Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

NOLA Hoosier

Cracking the Top 25

Seth Davis just tweeted his picks for Top 25 after this week, and he had IU replacing O$U at #22.

Anyone else think we just may crack the top 25 this year, and was anyone expecting it????

I was expecting it at some point. If we would've beat Georgetown we would've already been ranked IMO. I'm more interested to see how we come back Tuesday night against Penn St after a big win

Seth Davis just tweeted his picks for Top 25 after this week, and he had IU replacing O$U at #22.

Anyone else think we just may crack the top 25 this year, and was anyone expecting it????

if OSU was #22, then IU most definitely deserves to be there...

IU shut down OhioState and outplayed them for most of the game...

OSU looked completely out of sync for long stretches and IU turnovers are what kept the game close...

eliminate the silly TO's and this game is probably a 13 point victory.

I have not looked at RPI ratings. Kenpom has us lower 50s. Sagarin in mid 40s.

I had to check...

RPI has us 62...which is bullfarts...

edit...nonconference schedule is #102...conference schedule is #23 to date...

I guess that's why the crap ranking...

Agreed on the point that if we knock out the next 2, voters would be crazy to not slide the Hoosiers through.

I remember this exact conversation before the trip to East Lansing.

We need to win games and the polls will take care of themselves.

Believe me Penn St is very capable of coming in an beating this team and Illinois is a place where we rarely win.

I know Rice is gone but sometimes that brings out the wounded animal in a team and makes them very hard to handle.

Go Hoosiers!

At the beginning of the year, I said it was possible we would be ranked at some point. As someone else said, we would have been had we beaten Georgetown, but I personally don't think we should be after this week. Probably close, but not quite there. I'm almost afraid to be ranked, that little number sure puts more pressure on a team, and pumps up the opposing team, and I'm not sure we're ready to handle that.

At the beginning of the year, I said it was possible we would be ranked at some point. As someone else said, we would have been had we beaten Georgetown, but I personally don't think we should be after this week. Probably close, but not quite there. I'm almost afraid to be ranked, that little number sure puts more pressure on a team, and pumps up the opposing team, and I'm not sure we're ready to handle that.

I mean...we very easily could have beat Georgetown...

we had Eastern Washington on the ropes...

MSU dominated us...and Louisville did as well...

honestly...we should only have 2 losses right now, and yeah...could very well be in the top 25

I mean...we very easily could have beat Georgetown...

we had Eastern Washington on the ropes...

MSU dominated us...and Louisville did as well...

honestly...we should only have 2 losses right now, and yeah...could very well be in the top 25

"Should" have beaten EWU and Gtown. If we win those two like we should have we are ranked in the top 15-20 and solidly in the Dance right now. Still gotta get it done in conference though.