Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs UNC Greensboro Post Game Thread

Crean is the deflection king! No one can deflect a question like he can.

Tonight was...well...interesting. It was my first time this year sitting close to the bench and I spent most of the time listening to the bench/staff,etc. For a young, defensively challenged team, I'm not sure what the benefit is for us to change defenses in the middle of their possession. We did it multiple times tonight. The only confusion it seemed to cause was for our own team.

In other news, the Celtics are now 4-9. ;)

Thats a good point. Even 2012-13 team had issues switching defenses. Usually give up a wide open 3 when we switched to zone.

My players are on the floor:

Holt
Hartman
Johnson
Blackman
Yogi

I named that same five during the game chat last night. It's not great but it's probably the smartest and best we have. If Troy could consistently get it together from the neck up we could include him.

Just watching on TV it looked like the balconies were empty.i know this was not a marquee matchup but it looks like the crowds are trending smaller this year.The SMU crowd looked sparse.Going to have to drive up and see some games this season.Should be easy to get decent seats.

Just watching on TV it looked like the balconies were empty.i know this was not a marquee matchup but it looks like the crowds are trending smaller this year.The SMU crowd looked sparse.Going to have to drive up and see some games this season.Should be easy to get decent seats.

My wife and I were at the SMU game and there were quite a few empty seats which amazed me. That crowd was SO quiet until the final 5 minutes. I think we are seeing a crowd that's tired of having to will these Crean teams to victory. A crowd shouldn't have to hit 115 decibels in the hall to shove an uninspired team over the hump constantly against 200+ ranked teams.

Holt needs 5 more minutes a game minimum. He is all around the ball.

I can not believe the amount of talent we have on this team and they are playing the way they are. Or maybe we just had this team too hyped up from the get go.

Heres the thing that should have all of us fans worried. By all accounts we are pretty bad right now. Looking back over the previous 6 years of the Crean era, good team or bad, when have we seen marked improvement by a team over the course of a season? I would argue we haven't. Some have said in the past the 2011-12 team but I would say they were as good at the beginning (beating UK) as they were at the end. A few of those team actually got worse(including last years team) over the course of a season. We have no history to tell us this team is going to get better and this is probably my biggest beef with Crean.

That 2011-12 team is the only year where we can say they were playing their best going into March, they gave UK their toughest game of the tournament.  Every other team was sliding down the stretch.

I think they announced the crowd just over 12,000. Yes, it was pretty empty...no way there was 12,000.

Are you kidding me? 12000 attendance is it?

Maybe 12,000...people all around me left at halftime and all thru the 2nd half...
Honestly, I've never gotten to Hwy 37 so quickly after a game as last night, and yes, me and my peeps stayed for the entire game.

Don't watch the post game comments if this loss irked you. Crean says the same stuff he always has. These players don't care, the coach doesn't trust the players. This is a situation not even a Horizon League team could somehow fall in to. 

If you actually read the full transcript of Crean's post game comments----Crean actually took responsibility for some of the problems ---said it wasn't the assistants' fault--- it was on him.   That is progress and needs to be stated for all the posters that claim Crean is always in denial and always blames others.

If you actually read the full transcript of Crean's post game comments----Crean actually took responsibility for some of the problems ---said it wasn't the assistants' fault--- it was on him. That is progress and needs to be stated for all the posters that claim Crean is always in denial and always blames others.

Post these quotes if you can please.