Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Anunoby and Morgan

What a game changer he would be for any program that gets him. Hoosiers would be so stacked

And he's the kind of big we need.Super athletic.& mobile.

Mix this with Hanner as a confident senior,Holt as a rising soph,Devin, a hungry red shirt junior with an axe to grind.

Looks top ten to me.

Come on down Thon you the next contestant on the time is right!

This is why I hate when current players (Troy) and recruits (OG and others) get compared to Vic. Similar athletes? Sure. Do Vic and Williams share some stats and areas that needed improvement as sophomores? Sure.

The problem comes in when you're comparing people to a guy in VO that has an unmatched work ethic and tenacity. Playing hard or working hard was never an issue with VO. His intangibles are what set him apart and make comparisons to him very difficult.

Vic also "gets it". He understands how to carry himself on and off court.

Man amongst boys BUT his energy on the court is horrible. Way too laid back. Barely any hustle at all.

Geez, kid slinks around the court like CWat when he doesn't have the ball!

I could almost hear the Pink Panther theme song as Juwan sauntered about the court...

I live on the west side of St Louis and have had the 27th blocked for the Waynesville-Jeff City game for 2 months. Literally gave my wife and her best friend a trip to Ft Lauderdale for the week so nothing comes up. Does that make me a good husband or a bad husband?
Seriously, can't wait to see our kids in person. Friend of mine who's pretty well connected locally swears we absolutely stole OG.

Good stuff Demo----welcome to Banners!

If you will report game DETAILS to us-----you're a good husband in our book!  :biggrin:

This is why I hate when current players (Troy) and recruits (OG and others) get compared to Vic. Similar athletes? Sure. Do Vic and Williams share some stats and areas that needed improvement as sophomores? Sure.

The problem comes in when you're comparing people to a guy in VO that has an unmatched work ethic and tenacity. Playing hard or working hard was never an issue with VO. His intangibles are what set him apart and make comparisons to him very difficult.

Good point BGleas---there will only ever be one Vic.

But us fans are always going to compare recruits with former players---that's part of the fun and helps us describe their game.  I often compare OG to Vic in terms of athleticism and explosiveness based on how they looked when they both were in high school---nobody knows if OG will achieve what Vic did ----and nobody knows that he won't.  Just a guess at this point.

And---I think the poster above was referring to Juwan---not OG ----as not playing with much intensity. Everything I have seen and read about OG is that we got a steal!  I hope he shocks us just like Vic did!

Yea, that wont work in our run and gun system.

I see why he isn't averaging 30/15 now. He actually made excellent plays with and without the ball but he was so darn lazy and nonchalant about it.

I HOPE that is because he outclasses everyone BUT I FEAR it's actually just his playing style.

I see why he isn't averaging 30/15 now. He actually made excellent plays with and without the ball but he was so darn lazy and nonchalant about it.

I HOPE that is because he outclasses everyone BUT I FEAR it's actually just his playing style.

I'm guessing he doesnt play much competition out there, other than O.G.

The best guage is how Juwan performs against other good teams and other good players----such as in AAU ball or against OG's team..

I have seen some video footage of him where he looked much better.

Honestly---who hasn't seen talented players going through the motions against less talented teams---bored at times.

However, it is a legitimate cause for concern and something to watch----because a high motor and intensity is a great trait that  we want to see in our players.  Maybe some posters can watch him live and give us more information or other video will surface we can compare this too.