Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs SMU Post Game Thread

Looking at Hanner, he doesn't seem very instinctive per say. He seems to be half a second slower in reacting than most. That can change, but may not as well.

We all have to remember that he has only been playing basketball for a few years really.  The game doesn't come to him instinctively like the rest of the guys who have had a basketball in their hands since they were able to walk.

Looking at Hanner, he doesn't seem very instinctive per say. He seems to be half a second slower in reacting than most. That can change, but may not as well.

I think part of his issue is he knows he's the only big guy we have so he's trying too hard to not force the issue and get fouls called on him. Those two charges he had were very heady plays imo. Hopefully with the new guys coming back, he'll be able to settle in and be more aggressive.

First off, definitely nice to be in the Hall for the first time this year. And a few things I took notice of tonight.
-Hustle will give Hartman minutes here and there all season. Significant improvement from last year.
-Yogi's numbers tonight were fantastic and I'm expecting similar numbers from him all year.
-Blackmon will carry this team and definitely can score at will.
-Having Troy and Stan back tonight helped a ton. Gonna be interesting to see how many minutes Troy gets at the 5.
-Perea struggled mostly on the defensive side and was a non factor on the offensive side. Tough matchup going up against a lot of size.
-Zeisloft is a fantastic guy to have as a leader of this team
-Rob is human after all lol
Great win, Go Hoosiers

I don't think it's possible for Hanner to play any worse, and we still beat a top 25 team.  Definitely didn't think that would be possible this year.

Also, aside from the obvious standouts, Collin had a very good game, especially defensively.  He's been a pleasant surprise so far. 

Huge win!  Let's keep it rolling into MSG at 8-0.

SMU isn't a top 25 team right now. 

Plus, it was funny. I'm funny guys. No matter what my wife and baby say.

Speaking of my baby, she totally humped the dog in her little cheerleader outfit after the win. I think she's watching the wrong TV shows...

It's true...you ARE funny!

Liked Crean's coaching in this game. Put the right players in at the right time. Liked his move to the 1-3-1 when he saw HMP getting worked.

Get outta here.  The players played well and didn't turn it over.  Coach needs to rebound better and play better D though.