Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

53 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I posted about this in another thread and won't imbed the whole tweet because it's pretty long, but JUCO advocate Brandon Goble pointed out that in 2009 -- one year after signing an extension with Siena -- McCaffery had his agent contact high majors before moving on to Iowa.

10 minutes ago, maharkn said:

He should really look at Oscar when making his decision. Coming back isn't going to do him any good. He has hit his peak at the college level. NBA doesn't want old rookies

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

For guys that won't make it into the NBA, college ball NIL is their maximum earning potential.

Purdue or UK at $1 million sure beats the G League.

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is Purdue offering that much? 

I would be very surprised if Edey makes less tha $500k in NIL from Purdue. They are allowed to set it up for him to work for Canadian charities, and they have.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maybe he gets drafted in the 2nd round. Maybe. But he's not an NBA player. I can't fault Edey for going for it. Probably ends up overseas, where he can earn pretty good money playing professionally. (Assuming he doesn't come back.)

2 hours ago, maharkn said:

He should really look at Oscar when making his decision. Coming back isn't going to do him any good. He has hit his peak at the college level. NBA doesn't want old rookies

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Sadly, this is true, The draft system rewards potential, not production. I don't think he is NBA All-Star material (in any generation) and likely would struggle on defense.... but hard to believe he couldn't get some buckets and draw some fouls too.  

Hopefully a year from now will be playing in Greece or somewhere.

On 4/18/2023 at 4:43 PM, HoosierHoopster said:

Maybe he gets drafted in the 2nd round. Maybe. But he's not an NBA player. I can't fault Edey for going for it. Probably ends up overseas, where he can earn pretty good money playing professionally. (Assuming he doesn't come back.)

"Zach, there is big money playing in Russia."

Best Wishes,

Brittney Griner

We kicked the tires on this kid at one time.  

2024 four-star point guard Labaron Philon has decommitted from Auburn.  Philon, one of the nation’s leading scorers this past HS season (34.7 PPG), is a top-40 recruit nationally and the No. 1 player in Alabama.

https://www.on3.com/college/auburn-tigers/news/labaron-philon-decommits-from-auburn-bruce-pearl/