Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, monskisprodigy said:

Is there any chance he…and I’m worried to say it out loud…comes back to try to win it all next year?!?

Really don’t want to watch him again. 

Not unless he does a 180 -- I believe it was over a month ago that Painter said he would not be coming back.  And since he's played himself into being a first round pick, he would be nuts not to.  There exists potential for his stock going down next year and not much to gain.  At this point he is what he is.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I would worry about him in the reverse.  He'll get some points at the next level, but U Conn really showed how even guards can beat him.

Oh i worry about him in all aspects and don’t think he has any business being drafted. 

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I think that was rude of Hurley not to say something nice about Purdue even though they sucked

How about -

“I knew they sucked as a team and we’d win by double digits, but they didn’t suck quite as bad as I thought they would, I’ll give them that.”

Yeah after they smacked us around a second time this year he said something to the effect of it being the last time for him and the seniors vs IU 

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Not unless he does a 180 -- I believe it was over a month ago that Painter said he would not be coming back.  And since he's played himself into being a first round pick, he would be nuts not to.  There exists potential for his stock going down next year and not much to gain.  At this point he is what he is.

This upcoming draft is consider pretty weak as well which will help him. So Edey don’t come back no matter what bags of cash Painter throws at you.

2 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

Oh i worry about him in all aspects and don’t think he has any business being drafted. 

There are matchups that are going to be very favorable to him.  I don't expect him to be a star at the next level but he's going to be servicable.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Purdue guards going to have a big regression next year when they aren’t left open due to double/triple teams on Edey and have a lob outlet.

Wait until they play IU.  :)  

2 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

This upcoming draft is consider pretty weak as well which will help him. So Edey don’t come back no matter what bags of cash Painter throws at you.

It’s considered the worst draft in over a decade.

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

SIAP, but Edey is actually gone right? I know he has said it, but doesn’t he technically have a year left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s gone. Can’t get American NIL and they already retired his jersey for a reason. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hoosier1984 said:

He’s gone. Can’t get American NIL and they already retired his jersey for a reason. 

Is it typical to retire the jersey of someone who never actually won anything?

Edited by KennyP