Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

45 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

FWIW, Pom has the Big Ten fourth in conferences right now behind the Big 12, SEC and Big East with the Big 12 far and away the best.  ACC is sixth.....behind the PAC 12.

This is why I find myself pulling for Sparty on days like today. We are not a tournament team. If that is going to change I think we are going to need every metric possible to work in our favor. I don’t see us getting a quality OOC win so we are going to need quality win opportunities in conference if we put things together. 

50 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Xavier Booker has been a DNP in Sparty's game today.

Interesting if you are on the outside looking in you are probably screaming how can a top 10 McDonald’s AA get a DNP but if you followed Indiana high school basketball you new despite the high ranking he was always going to be a project.    Anytime in regular high school games against teams without high major talents you are putting up 0 there is a problem.   Still think he can be good down the road but I doubt it will be with Sparty 

Power of football.  lol.    This Memphis/Arkansas game is going to get moved to espnu because it isn’t going to finish before ole Miss/Miss st football game.   Any other sport and that game is getting started on the app or espnnews 

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting if you are on the outside looking in you are probably screaming how can a top 10 McDonald’s AA get a DNP but if you followed Indiana high school basketball you new despite the high ranking he was always going to be a project.    Anytime in regular high school games against teams without high major talents you are putting up 0 there is a problem.   Still think he can be good down the road but I doubt it will be with Sparty 

I don't think he has the mentality it takes to become good at the college level or beyond.

49 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I never thought he was a fit to play for Izzo. I saw him in person 3 or 4 times and his motor was pretty low and he thought  he is a 3 point shooter

The ending of this Arkansas/Memphis is crazy.   They keep going to the monitor after every attempt to get the ball in.   Memphis up 6 with 9 sec to go.    Clock was at 13 sec and after 3 straight monitor reviews we have only moved 4 sec.    lol 

19 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I never thought he was a fit to play for Izzo. I saw him in person 3 or 4 times and his motor was pretty low and he thought  he is a 3 point shooter

His best position is probably a 4 that only plays on the perimeter.   He never like to play down low.  Most see his size and wants him down low and that is why his upside is so high because if he ever wanted to bang downlow with his perimeter skills he would be deadly.  However if the kid doesn’t want to bang he isn’t going to bang so you might as well try to utilize his beat skill.   Cathedral knew what he could do and what his limitations.  were.  They had no problem sitting him in the second half and had no problem running sets for him to shoot the ball.   Very intriguing prospect that woody and others seem to move on from.   Izzo never wavered    He still wanted him when he was throwing up 0 burgers against non D1 talent 

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

His best position is probably a 4 that only plays on the perimeter.   He never like to play down low.  Most see his size and wants him down low and that is why his upside is so high because if he ever wanted to bang downlow with his perimeter skills he would be deadly.  However if the kid doesn’t want to bang he isn’t going to bang so you might as well try to utilize his beat skill.   Cathedral knew what he could do and what his limitations.  were.  They had no problem sitting him in the second half and had no problem running sets for him to shoot the ball.   Very intriguing prospect that woody and others seem to move on from.   Izzo never wavered    He still wanted him when he was throwing up 0 burgers against non D1 talent 

TBH, I think Izzo takes anybody he can get from Indiana just to keep the pipeline flowing.

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting story:

After he registered a zero in a high school game, me and others posted “hard pass” for IU. Which prompted posting by his family on the board that we would all be proven wrong in a hurry.

They soon thereafter pulled the posts, but it was not a good look.