Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

Cool, now let's get back to bball please. Done with this stuff. They don't owe me anything as a fan. They just owe the university for the ride. Let's go bang some heads and let the storm cloud move out.

Then don't read the thread. There are threads specifically designated for talking about basketball, this one is specifically designated for talking about the failed drug test, and the apologies relate to that. 

Then don't read the thread. There are threads specifically designated for talking about basketball, this one is specifically designated for talking about the failed drug test, and the apologies relate to that.

You are accurate. We have hashed this thing out for 58 pages and counting. Apologies are out which may or may not be lip service but it doesn't matter. I'm just stating the boys appear to have made amends amd are ready to play ball. Likewise I am ready to watch ball and am quasi pleased with what appears to be a refocused team at this point.

Are we going to now hash out if their apologies are sincere for 58 more pages?

You are accurate. We have hashed this thing out for 58 pages and counting. Apologies are out which may or may not be lip service but it doesn't matter. I'm just stating the boys appear to have made amends amd are ready to play ball. Likewise I am ready to watch ball and am quasi pleased with what appears to be a refocused team at this point.

C'mon now, you're underestimating us!  We can bang this out for at least 75 more pages ;)

C'mon now, you're underestimating us! We can bang this out for at least 75 more pages ;)

Brother - nothing surprises me with digital Hoosier Nation after we "left the candle on" for Moses Abraham for 160 pages and some of y'all actually pulled an all-nighter at the keyboard with Captain Morgans..

Brother - nothing surprises me with digital Hoosier Nation after we "left the candle on" for Moses Malone for 160 pages and some of y'all actually pulled an all-nighter at the keyboard with Captain Morgans..

160 pages for Moses Malone?  I remember that thread from 1973.  Was a shame when he decided to just go pro in the ABA.

If you're talking about Moses Abraham (Ayegba), which I am sure you are, I also remember that night.  We'll see him in action this year at Nebraska

If people want them to discuss it here then let them. I don't get what coming in here and telling others to drop it accomplishes. This thread is designated for that topic.

This isn't directed at you, but it is kind of funny. Some of you guys all get a tissy when threads get derailed into anti-Crean stuff. And then someone comes in and does something similar to another thread to try and take it in a direction they want, so it is a-ok. 

I dunno.. mine says page 60 now on my phone.

My original post simply stated that I was done with it personally and not going to beat the dead horse anymore. Not sure why I was trying to control the thread. But I have better stuff to do than defend my position lol. Carry on

Did you read the entire post? The part we see here sure looks worse than the full comment, directed TO THE TEAM.

Please refer to BBall4IU's post on anything Troy related. Unless you're related, I have zero clue how in the world you continue to defend this kid.

Please refer to BBall4IU's post on anything Troy related. Unless you're related, I have zero clue how in the world you continue to defend this kid.

Why not defend him. What has he ever done to you or any fan. Smoke pot? Lol some of you take things to the extreme sometimes

Why not defend him. What has he ever done to you or any fan. Smoke pot? Lol some of you take things to the extreme sometimes

He violated team rules and subsequently got suspended. He knowingly did it. I'm spending money to see this team play. I've invested years of my life to IU basketball. He didn't fire a gun at me. But he did take for granted something I care about. He put his team in a spot to potentially lose a game. He put his coach in a spot that people are calling for his head. The program was here before Troy and will be here long after he leaves. I was there before and will be after. So yeah, I think I'm owed an apology for him not giving a crap about his actions. We are the ones who suffer. As his mom said, they're gonna laugh all the way to the bank when "he goes pro." If they don't care, then I don't have any sympathy that he chose to crap on our program. The program that belongs to the fans.

What apology? He said "despite everything. WE still standing"

I stand corrected. But at least he put something out there and it looks like he just wants to focus on basketball. So why can't we?