Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
rebelhoosier848891

Who Will Be IU's Next Commitment

Its our fault Crean can't coach. Or maybe just mine since I tend to be in the minority here. Crean created his own instability by the product on the floor. Man, I have heard it all now. Blame the fans/alumni.

Alumni Schmumni!

A fan of Indiana that never set foot in an IU classroom is every bit the fan as some former student. Every bit! And probably more than most.

Alumni Schmumni!

A fan of Indiana that never set foot in an IU classroom is every bit the fan as some former student. Every bit! And probably more than most.

Did you not see fans listed with alumni? Dang dude; were you the same poster who got worked up over another post I made? Lighten up Francis; it's just a message board. Or a fan board lol.

Of course I saw it. I took exception to Alumni being different than 'fans' and with them being typically considered superior in some way.

Anyway, not sure if I'm the poster who you're thinking of, but I'm sure I've taken exception to a few of your posts.

By the way for those wondering...McNutt-Bocobo...

Of course I saw it. I took exception to Alumni being different than 'fans' and with them being typically considered superior in some way.

Anyway, not sure if I'm the poster who you're thinking of, but I'm sure I've taken exception to a few of your posts.

Ah, you were on the Spanish side. Bocobo, DeHoya, Delgado. I preferred the American side of the border and lived in Bordner.

So you work in Mcnutt? Its all good, there is a lot of support staff needed to keep IU running efficiently. Maybe that's why you hate the term alumni, and I can understand the resentment.

So you work in Mcnutt? Its all good, there is a lot of support staff needed to keep IU running efficiently. Maybe that's why you hate the term alumni, and I can understand the resentment.

Nice. Way to keep it classy.

I hate the use of the term alumni as some level of ultra fandom, as being separate from and superior to 'regular fans'. If "non-students" really knew how easy it was to pass the classes that you took, for your degree, there wouldn't be enough universities to hold them all. Obtaining a college degree requires 2 things; admission and commitment . That's it.

I doubt the attrition rate is .01% of those who truly "tried".

I hate the use of the term alumni as some level of ultra fandom, as being separate from and superior to 'regular fans'. If "non-students" really knew how easy it was to pass the classes that you took, for your degree, there wouldn't be enough universities to hold them all. Obtaining a college degree requires 2 things; admission and commitment . That's it.

I doubt the attrition rate is .01% of those who truly "tried".

My grandfather did not go to IU but he and his brother were mailmen and carried routes all over Bloomington. They primarily had the third street route and loved going to the sororities.

They lived their entire adult lives in Bloomington and all their kids, grand kids etc grew up loving IU in a big way.

I lived in Btown after graduating and worked at the HT with many who did not go to IU but were fans nonetheless.

No reason to see a difference. We might have different perspectives on life around the campus but who knows maybe not.

At least I didn't call him a Kentucky fan. Pot meet kettle.

No, you just tried to say he was lesser than you for not going to school there, which turns out he his also an alumni, and tried to degrade him for the type of job he has. You're right, same thing.