Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bobman1

Hoosiers jumping from ADIDAS to Jordan Brand??

"Indiana, Arizona State, Kansas, Louisville, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Texas A&M, UCLA"

That's some elite basketball company we're in. I honestly could care less what logo is on our uniform, but Nike and also UA look to be putting more money in developing apparel for fans and it shows in our selection at various IU merchandising outlets.

People actually enjoy Nike? I go out of my way to make sure I never buy anything that is Nike. Terrible basketball shoes, terrible running shoes, over-priced mediocre athletic clothes, etc.

Thank you for saying this. This is EXACTLY how I feel.

"Indiana, Arizona State, Kansas, Louisville, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Texas A&M, UCLA"

That's some elite basketball company we're in. I honestly could care less what logo is on our uniform, but Nike and also UA look to be putting more money in developing apparel for fans and it shows in our selection at various IU merchandising outlets.

You can still buy UA Indiana gear.

glad fg didnt take less money to go with nike, if it even made an offer.  not a fan of its stuff and i too think the recruit appeal thing is vastly overrated.  i like adidas and ua gear.  love hearing iu uniforms across the board will be more consistently cream & crimson, especially the crimson part.  seven big ten schools claim a red hue color... only one crimson.  lets act like it, distinguish ourself.

glad fg didnt take less money to go with nike, if it even made an offer.  not a fan of their stuff and i too think the recruit appeal thing is vastly overrated.  i like adidas and ua gear.  love hearing iu uniforms across the board will be more consistently cream & crimson, especially the crimson part.  seven big ten schools claim a red hue color... only one crimson.  lets act like it, distinguish ourselves.

As in late Mike Davis years crimson?

it's not the third highest apparel & shoe deal.  to clear this up, as of now 6.7m will be the fifth highest annual payout in the country in 2016/17 when the new contract begins.  the article states 6.7m would be the third highest in 14/15, though i think it would actually be the fourth unless i'm reading the recently extended louisville contract with adidas incorrectly right now.

yes, glass did very well.  i feel he often catches misguided flack, which isnt surprising given there's not a college fanbase out there that loves to btch & complain more than indiana's, something i learned young.  glass has been a stud for this dept.

Top-5-College-Apparel-Deals_large-1940x1

Sounds like you're buying the wrong Nikes. Go buy some Nike basketball shoes. Ones that cost in the 130-230 range. That covers their simple hyperdunks all the way to their KD's, Kobe's and LeBrons. Go buy a pair of Steph Currys. Then go buy a pair of DRoses. You'll notice. Adidas is fine with soccer cleats and some running shoes. As for basketball shoes? Might as well throw em in the trash.

Thanks dude, we get it.

It's hilarious the flack Glass catches from people for getting the 3rd highest apparel contract in college sports.  That's a coup.  Additionally the contract should be about money not branding.  I'd much rather have a bigger recruiting budget and invest more in facilities.  I'm pretty sure that's going to help us get more recruits than having a particular logo on our shoes.

I haven't seen Glass catch any Flack for his apparel contract, and he deserves credit considering our non existant football program that drives this engine. His coaching contracts have caught him the well deserved flack. Also, I hope you don't think Crean needs a bigger recruiting budget considering his expenditures vs his peers who perenially outperform him. His recruiting budget should be cut by 2/3.

I haven't seen Glass catch any Flack for his apparel contract, and he deserves credit considering our non existant football program that drives this engine. His coaching contracts have caught him the well deserved flack. Also, I hope you don't think Crean needs a bigger recruiting budget considering his expenditures vs his peers who perenially outperform him. His recruiting budget should be cut by 2/3.

I'm not speaking to Glass's decision to provide the extension (which was unnecessary), or Crean's success (or lack thereof).  I'm only referring to the news of the Adidas deal.  Just check the instant reactions at the end of page 6 on this very thread...

It's hilarious the flack Glass catches from people for getting the 3rd highest apparel contract in college sports. That's a coup. Additionally the contract should be about money not branding. I'd much rather have a bigger recruiting budget and invest more in facilities. I'm pretty sure that's going to help us get more recruits than having a particular logo on our shoes.

I don't think anyone was mad about getting the money in the deal rather they just wanted a different brand.