Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Book Thread

On 2/1/2018 at 8:15 PM, iufaninillinois said:

Currently reading "the Fix" by David Baldacci. This is the first book I've read of his. So far, it is very entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've read his John Puller series and just started his 4th book in his Will Robie series.

Anyone read Dan Brown's new one, "Origin"?  I have it sitting here on my coffee table, just haven't started it yet.  I want to finish the one I'm currently on, "81 Days Below Zero".

I have it on hold at the library just waiting for it to return. Let me know if you do read it. I have three lined up before "Origin." Currently reading "Hitler's Last Days" by Bill O'Reilly. I really enjoy O'Reilly's writing style.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 2/6/2018 at 7:22 PM, HoosierAloha said:

I have it on hold at the library just waiting for it to return. Let me know if you do read it. I have three lined up before "Origin." Currently reading "Hitler's Last Days" by Bill O'Reilly. I really enjoy O'Reilly's writing style.

I'm about 50 pages shy (about a 500 page novel) of finishing Origin. It's a solid read.  Not one of Brown's best but if you follow the series it's worth the read. Much less symbolism and decoding in this one than Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demins. The book starts fast out of the gate but tempers off about a quarter way in.  I do love the Langdon series but it's becoming quite redundant. 

Again definitely worth the read just not in his top tier imo. 

I'm about 50 pages shy (about a 500 page novel) of finishing Origin. It's a solid read.  Not one of Brown's best but if you follow the series it's worth the read. Much less symbolism and decoding in this one than Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demins. The book starts fast out of the gate but tempers off about a quarter way in.  I do love the Langdon series but it's becoming quite redundant. 
Again definitely worth the read just not in his top tier imo. 

I just finished it yesterday. I thought it was a good change of pace with a solid storyline. It did seem to push certain threads of the story to the side for long stretches. I love the Langdon series but I'd like Dan Brown to do some more one off books like Digital Fortress and Deception Point.

Started "I am Malala" today. I've only made it about a quarter of the way through. It's frustrating and I find myself wanting to punch (more than punch) a mofo.

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Has anyone read the Wheel of stone series? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan?  That's a great series, fantastic writing. It's lengthy and can get complex at times, but if you're a binge reader ( and who isn't lol), well worth your time. It's high fantasy, but you'll figure out very quickly if the series is your cup of tea. 

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan?  That's a great series, fantastic writing. It's lengthy and can get complex at times, but if you're a binge reader ( and who isn't lol), well worth your time. It's high fantasy, but you'll figure out very quickly if the series is your cup of tea. 

Similar to LOTR or GOT? (Thanks for the info!)

If someone is looking for something to read while waiting on GOT I would recommend the the First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie.

Ok, you guys have got me roped in. I generally only read historical nonfiction. Just finished "The Oregon Trail" by Rinker Buck. About two brothers who decide to travel the 2000 miles across the trail in a covered wagon. Good mix of history of the trail and documenting their trip. I would recommend it to anyone who gets into the pioneer/western expansion topics. What can I say? I was born 200 years too late.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners