Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Book Thread

14 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I've been laid up because of ankle surgeries the last couple years. I've been reading Authors like Greg Iles, James Rollins, Steve Berry, Clive Cussler, Andy McDermott, Ken Follet and a few others.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I actually enjoyed Clive Cussler for a time books were too formulaic but definitely some enjoyable reads 

41 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Yes they are. Very formulaic, but they are quick reads.

Not all of 'em.  Sheesh I have one that's gotta' be 600 pages.   It's a good western, but it's not short!

1 hour ago, iufaninillinois said:

Cussler?

Yes.  I read Black Wind, then another by him that I swear was longer than an Easter Vigil.   Need to find it.  First to make sure it was another by him or if I'm mistaking him for someone else in this case.  Which is possible.

The Mitch Rapp series is great. I just finished "Enemy of the State." Kyle Mills does a solid job filling in for Vince Flynn. You can tell the difference in writing styles with Mills not holding back on language as much.

I've finished both the Mitch Rapp and Pike Logan (Brad Taylor) series. It took a few books in the Rapp series to really appreciate it like I did the Pike Logan series.

I'm going to read the last book in the "After" series before starting on another spy genre series. If you haven't read the "After" series it gives good insight to what the world would be like after an EPM attack.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I read them all. Great books! I have some other suggestions in this line. Pm me if you are interested

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes.  I read Black Wind, then another by him that I swear was longer than an Easter Vigil.   Need to find it.  First to make sure it was another by him or if I'm mistaking him for someone else in this case.  Which is possible.
Been there and done that. Lol My favorite author Louis L'Amour is formulaic also.

The Mitch Rapp series is great. I just finished "Enemy of the State." Kyle Mills does a solid job filling in for Vince Flynn. You can tell the difference in writing styles with Mills not holding back on language as much.

I've finished both the Mitch Rapp and Pike Logan (Brad Taylor) series. It took a few books in the Rapp series to really appreciate it like I did the Pike Logan series.

I'm going to read the last book in the "After" series before starting on another spy genre series. If you haven't read the "After" series it gives good insight to what the world would be like after an EPM attack.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Have you read Term Limits by Vince Flynn?

I'm currently reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy.  It's probably about 10 yrs old, definitely not a new release. I'm about 25% of the way through but it's been good thus far. it's a post-apocalyptic journey centered around a father and son.  It's written in a way that tosses flashback scenes in with current events so the reader slowly puts the story together. I appreciate that writing style. Anyone else read it?

2 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I'm currently reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy.  It's probably about 10 yrs old, definitely not a new release. I'm about 25% of the way through but it's been good thus far. it's a post-apocalyptic journey centered around a father and son.  It's written in a way that tosses flashback scenes in with current events so the reader slowly puts the story together. I appreciate that writing style. Anyone else read it?

Yeah I do survival/apocalypse fiction if anything.  Not really highbrow stuff, but I enjoy it.  My favorite is probably Dies the Fire by S. M. Stirling.  Currently reading CyberStorm by Mathew Mather.  

Yeah I do survival/apocalypse fiction if anything.  Not really highbrow stuff, but I enjoy it.  My favorite is probably Dies the Fire by S. M. Stirling.  Currently reading CyberStorm by Mathew Mather.  

Dies the Fire is good, I swear the TV show Revolution is ripping the book off. I wouldn't read the series past the third book. It changes to fantasy and isn't very good in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BtownBanners mobile app

I just finished a book called "The Eagle Catcher" by Margaret Coel. It is a mystery set on an Arapahoe Reservation and the first in a series eithbthe Protagonists Father John O'Malley and Arapahoe Lawyer, Vicki Holden. It was free on Nook so I tried it. It was a fantastic book in my opinion. I plan on reading another one in the series.

I just finished "Killing Jesus" by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. Another excellent book. I started "Killing Reagan" today and it's started out fantastic. His writing style is easy to read and paints a good picture. I'd recommend any of the "Killing" books. I plan to read them all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners