Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

FWIW, Draftexpress has Thon as a lottery pick in 2016 as the 12th selection.

Again I raise the point that the NBA commish is pushing for a minimum-age-20 rule in the league. Not sure when Maker's birthday comes, but it might be impossible for him to be one-and-done if that rule comes in within the next year.

Again I raise the point that the NBA commish is pushing for a minimum-age-20 rule in the league. Not sure when Maker's birthday comes, but it might be impossible for him to be one-and-done if that rule comes in within the next year.

That won't be until the new CBA, at the earliest. The current CBA cannot be opted out of until June 30, 2017. Thon will be a 1 and done.

As for him being a 1-n-D

I don't see it. From what i have read on him....Education is a HUGE part of who he is. Now, will he stay for the entire 4 years~ Personally, i doubt it. However, I think he would stay for his degree. Remember, he is not from the U.S. He is originally from the continent of Africa where a University degree is a lot of times worth more than money. I personally know quite a few folks from Africa and they are all about an education. The majority of people do not get the chance to go to school. Especially where he is from in Africa.

As for him being a 1-n-D

I don't see it. From what i have read on him....Education is a HUGE part of who he is. Now, will he stay for the entire 4 years~ Personally, i doubt it. However, I think he would stay for his degree. Remember, he is not from the U.S. He is originally from the continent of Africa where a University degree is a lot of times worth more than money. I personally know quite a few folks from Africa and they are all about an education. The majority of people do not get the chance to go to school. Especially where he is from in Africa.

Would be perfect if he was a 2-3 year guy at IU

As for him being a 1-n-D

We can fit that need. Hang a banner, degree in three.

"His family sent him there for a better education," Smith said. "The majority of people in the (outreach) program came from the strife of the war. He was one of the exceptional few who had an opportunity to miss that because they were stationed a little bit better in life in terms of that."

http://tipofthetower.com/2015/04/04/one-one-orangeville-preps-thon-maker/

TM: Well, it’s about living, getting an education. That’s the reason I left South Sudan was to get an education. When I lived in Australia it was a nice place, it wasn’t as cold as here [laughs], it had beautiful beaches and nice people and the tourism is booming, but the both of those places I call home.