Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

If you want to play that game then UK should have 25 Mcd's AA on their current roster.

Anybody else want to argue that Cody, Noah, Hanner, Jurkin are better than Cousins, Patterson, Anthony Davis, Terrance Jone, Nerlens Noel, Marcus Lee, Dakari Johnson, Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, and Julius Randle?

Both Crean and Cal have a reputation with Big Men I will let you figure out what it is.

No one favorably compared our bigs to pUKes bigs.

You asked if Crean was such a guru with bigs why don't we have any? That is a question that doesn't even correlate logically. If UK doesn't have any bigs next year does that have any impact on the group of UK numbskulls you listed, or Cals ability with them?

Crean has had 2 5 star big men and 2 have been lottery picks. What 3 or 4 star bigs has Cal made lottery picks?

You asked if Crean was such a guru with bigs why don't we have any? That is a question that doesn't even correlate logically. If UK doesn't have any bigs next year does that have any impact on the group of UK numbskulls you listed, or Cals ability with them?

Crean has had 2 5 star big men and 2 have been lottery picks. What 3 or 4 star bigs has Cal made lottery picks?

How many 3 or 4 star bigs had Crean developed into lottery picks. Wait, it's 0. Let's lower the bar a bit, how many 3 or 4 star bigs has Crean developed into a good contributor? Oh, still zero.

If you want to be fair compare what they've both done with 3 or 4 stars OR what they've done with 5 stars. Cal has put more 5 stars on the lottery than Crean, how much he "developed" them is a different debate. Frankly I don't give coaches much credit for "developing" one and dones, which includes Crean/Vonleh and I really didn't see Cody's game improve much aside from being stronger.

Willie Cauley-Stein

How many 3 or 4 star bigs had Crean developed into lottery picks. Wait, it's 0. Let's lower the bar a bit, how many 3 or 4 star bigs has Crean developed into a good contributor? Oh, still zero.

If you want to be fair compare what they've both done with 3 or 4 stars OR what they've done with 5 stars. Cal has put more 5 stars on the lottery than Crean, how much he "developed" them is a different debate. Frankly I don't give coaches much credit for "developing" one and dones, which includes Crean/Vonleh and I really didn't see Cody's game improve much aside from being stronger.

Christian Watford

Willie Cauley-Stein

Christian Watford

Those two slipped my mind somehow. The point still stands though, compare them by the same standard and it's not really a comparison. Although I would contend Watford developed more as a wing than a big.

That is my point exactly, he doesn't get 3 or 4 start big men. That is why we are where we are and UK is where they are.

Someone created a notion that anyone ever tried to say Crean compares favorably to the # of big dudes who went to the lottery. Where did this though come from? I don't know anyone who has tried to say that.

I answered the guys question (which had NOTHING to do with player development)

Ok. The #'s say, if you're a 5 star big, Indiana will get you to the lottery as easy as anyone. And, if you're a 3 or 4 star big, then anyone will get you to the lottery as easy as Kentucky, right?

List the 3 and 4 stars that Kentucky got to the lottery or 2nd round?  I'm not saying there aren't any. Could be 2 dozen, I just don't know of any...

That is my point exactly, he doesn't get 3 or 4 start big men. That is why we are where we are and UK is where they are.

No one ever asked that question. You asked where our bigs were, if Crean is such a guru...

I answered the first part which had zero relationship to the 2nd part

No one ever asked that question. You asked where our bigs were, if Crean is such a guru...

I answered the first part which had zero relationship to the 2nd part

The overall jist of my original post was that IU has a reputation with Big Men and so does UK. If you are Thon Maker....which is who this thread is about, then I could definitely see why you would chose UK. Cal has a track record of sending big men to the league, while Crean has a track record of under utilizing his big men.

I replied back when people started using Hanner and Luke Fisher as examples of Crean's success with Big men. That is why I compared these with the names I mentioned. Just a list to compare for people to decipher for themselves who they thought had a better reputation.

At this point I am not sure what we are arguing or debating, but I could care less when someone get's drafted. I do not root for the Charlotte Hornets or the Bobcats or whatever they go by now. I root for Indiana. So I look at Tom Crean's tenure at IU compared to Cal's tenure at UK and compare the "College" big men that they have put on the floor and I have undoubtedly made up my mind as to who I think is the better recruiter, developer and coach. Which is why I could see why Thon would look over IU and chose UK regardless of playing time situation.

Yes, so was Hanner and Hollowell. Which of the 3 would you rather have as your starting PF next year?

No one on earth thought of Hollowell "as a big"

You're not REALLY serious with that question, are you?

oh please, please give me Marcus lee's 2 points and 2 boards. Cal has made him such a monster.

The overall jist of my original post was that IU has a reputation with Big Men and so does UK. If you are Thon Maker....which is who this thread is about, then I could definitely see why you would chose UK. Cal has a track record of sending big men to the league, while Crean has a track record of under utilizing his big men.

I replied back when people started using Hanner and Luke Fisher as examples of Crean's success with Big men. That is why I compared these with the names I mentioned. Just a list to compare for people to decipher for themselves who they thought had a better reputation.

At this point I am not sure what we are arguing or debating, but I could care less when someone get's drafted. I do not root for the Charlotte Hornets or the Bobcats or whatever they go by now. I root for Indiana. So I look at Tom Crean's tenure at IU compared to Cal's tenure at UK and compare the "College" big men that they have put on the floor and I have undoubtedly made up my mind as to who I think is the better recruiter, developer and coach. Which is why I could see why Thon would look over IU and chose UK regardless of playing time situation.

I'm debating the silly responses I'm getting from answering your non-correlating question. That's my mistake for responding to you about it. Now you're off on another tangent, as though I was arguing against that.

No one on earth thought of Hollowell "as a big"

You're not REALLY serious with that question, are you?

oh please, please give me Marcus lee's 2 points and 2 boards. Cal has made him such a monster.

But Marcus Lee has the potential to be very good and he showed flashes of it during UK's run last year. Doesn't get enough minutes at UK so his stats don't look very good.