Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2024 IUFB Prediction League - Game 8 vs Washington 10/26/24 Noon BTN

9 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

IU with Rourke, 41-28

Iu without Rourke 24-28.

Sorry, no what ifs. Either hedge your bets now or wait till Saturday morning to get a definitive answer.

P.S. Per the rules, if you don't change it the most recent prediction would be 28-24 Washington.

2 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Sorry, no what ifs. Either hedge your bets now or wait till Saturday morning to get a definitive answer.

P.S. Per the rules, if you don't change it the most recent prediction would be 28-24 Washington.

Sorry, first time offering a game projection and didn't know there were rules.

The Huskies are averaging 24 points a game. I expect the IU defense to shut them down. Tayven is a very capable QB and adds a dimension with his feet I really like (good esp for UW game). We outscored Nebby 28-0 with TJ at the helm. The strength of the UW defense is passing, they are super vulnerable on the ground. So we probably would have been pounding the rock a little heavier even with Rourke in. That said, I believe they are the best defense we will have seen-- as was Nebraska, until they weren't.. I have faith in Cig and Co. to have a smart gameplan in place for TJ and a dominate performance by the defense.

Blow out. Book it.

IU -42

UW-7

I had a coach once that told our team about a substitute for a starter on the other team, "There is a reason that he wasn't the starter to begin with."  Yeah I get it.  We are starting our second string quarterback.  However, in this case I say,  so what.  The rest of the starters, that have been pounding the snot out of everyone are still intact.  I'm not expecting much of a drop off, if at all.  We were mostly going to pound the ball on the ground either way.

As to Washington, they have lost to Washington State, Rutgers, and Iowa.  We would beat all three of those teams.  IU scoring and defense for the year is 341-96.  Washington is 169-119.  Put another way we have scored 172 more points than Washington and we have given up 23 fewer points.  Our margin of victory this year is 245 and Washington's is 50.  They can't score enough points to run with the BIG DOG in this game.

Finally Alaska Hoosier says we are going to beat the Huskies 42-21 and I believe him.  Though I picked my score before I checked what everyone else was doing, I think that is a 42-21 brilliant pick and sounds just right..

Hoosiers       6 TDs   =    42

Washighton  3 TDs   =    21